Bike Mounting Ideas for a TR 22RBQ

jsast21

Hello,

We just bought a TR 22RBQ with the Bike Rack / Bumper Extension but I cannot figure out how to mount the bikes on it. It just looks like a pull out tray. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can safely mount bikes using this or is there something else I need to buy to make this work?

Thanks for your time everyone!

Regards,

Joe.

jimtoo

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help you with the bike rack, but someone will jump in soon and tell us how it works.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My daughter and son-in-law have a Trail Runner with the bike rack also. I guess you could lay them down and strap them to the deck but it looked like it would be difficult to stand them up unless you could make a tire rack to hold them and then strap them down by the handle bars. Haven't tried yet but maybe will soon.

jsast21

Thanks very much for the reply. I will try that this weekend.

I just thought since it's called a bike rack that there was either some way to mount them or some accessory to buy to put them on.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Btw (I know it's off topic, but) I see "owners club" in your signature block. What does that mean?

I will ask hubby what he bought and take a few pictures of it for you. It is mounted on the rear bumper and can be removed to use in the truck hitch after you unhook. So far it is a great set up. The bikes are very stable .

There should be a bar that has a pin in the center of the tray on the back of the tray as you look down on it. It is designed for you to set that pin in the hole that is in the center of the back of the tray. It stands up and you replace the pin to keep it upright. Then you put bikes (2) on the rack and use a ratchet tie down to secure bikes. I will take pictures of mine and post for you to see. You can contact me via email if you wish, too. My email is deltafox5674@yahoo.com.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks very much for the reply. I will try that this weekend.

I just thought since it's called a bike rack that there was either some way to mount them or some accessory to buy to put them on.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Btw (I know it's off topic, but) I see "owners club" in your signature block. What does that mean?

I am a Heartland Owners Club member. You can join the club. Just look at the Owner's Club in the top menu bar. As a Heartland Owner it provides you with additional benefits.

VE2PUI

Here's a trick I use to put my 2 bikes on the sliding tray: Hold the front wheel between your knees, grab the handles and turn a quarter turn in a direction or the other (the resistance should not be very high). Your bike will have a much narrower profile and will be much easier to tie to the central post. To ride the bikes, just reverse the process, your bike will be as rideable and safe as before.

odie

There should be a bar that has a pin in the center of the tray on the back of the tray as you look down on it. It is designed for you to set that pin in the hole that is in the center of the back of the tray. It stands up and you replace the pin to keep it upright. Then you put bikes (2) on the rack and use a ratchet tie down to secure bikes. I will take pictures of mine and post for you to see. You can contact me via email if you wish, too. My email is deltafox5674@yahoo.com.

I would love to see some pictures of how you did this. I just got a Trailrunner with the same rack, thanx in advance!!