`Power Head for Eureka Central Vacuum

sdagro

Has anyone installed an Air Driven Power Head onto their Central Vac. DW is so used to having the beater brushes on her vacuum that she doesn't think the plain head does a good enough job. Thanks , Steve

porthole

Retired
They work OK.
Obviously they are using some of the airflow for the beater bar, so there is less for dirt pickup, but it works.

Wharton

I didn't know there was a power head available, not sure I would buy one though.

We have a new 2011 BH 3670 with the Eureka vacuum. I used it for the first time yesterday and was totally impressed by its power, actually too much power. I had the little hole open on the handle and it was still picking up the rug in the RV, even moving it across the linoleum was hard. I am really impressed but it sure makes vacuuming a tough job.

Does anyone know how I can cut its power down some?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
sdagro, we use the hose and beater head from the central vac in the house. The beater is electric so it works real good. We don't travel with it, but use it when we get home after a trip. The OEM is what we use on the road. You can find them on ebay or at your local vacuum cleaner store.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
sdagro, we use the hose and beater head from the central VAX in the house. The beater is electric so it works real good.

Dave, your using the electric beater bar in the trailer?
We have a central vac too, but the electric head requires a 110v connection.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Duane, yes we use it in the trailer. Ours may be different than yours. I plug it in to a wall receptical for the 120v.

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We brought a air driven brush for our central vacuum. we got it at a vacuum store i just took the extension in so the guy could fit it. I think it works real good we have dogs and it gets up the hair.We also got a small one for the couch and the truck and it works very good too.