ordered my aux fuel tank today

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I finally decided to put an aux fuel tank in the bed of my truck. I did all the research about replacing the stock tank but that would only give me 46 gal. I decided on an ATTA model AT30TB tank. It is designed to fit under a crossbed tool box so it is only 9" tall but 20 deep and 60 long. I also ordered the computerized filling feature that pumps the fuel automatically into your stock tank and comes with a fuel gauge inside the truck. I am having the tank sent to an installer in Kingston Ontario to have it installed as it takes about 5 hrs apparently SOOOOOOOO I'm really glad I did not attempt it myself. I will now have 30 +26 gal for a total of 56 gals of fuel. With only 30 gal the extra weight should not matter a whole lot. I am very excited.

Rick

CRLYHDS

We are also in the research stages of finding additional fuel tank for our Ford 250. Could you share the link where you purchased the in bed tank? Our concern about getting an in bed tank is that it would interfere with the hitch. Glad to hear you worked it all out.

Ricoh

Just type in ATTA tanks and the link will come up. They seem to make a great product. Transferflow seem to be another co. that makes a very nice product just did not make the size I wanted. Good luck.

Rick

Cimriver

I am going with a replacement tank from Titan. They make a 51 gallon tank to replace my current tank. I have a shortbed and don't want to take up the space that an in bed add on tank would use up.

Ricoh

I did look at the Titan tanks and the Transferflow replacement tanks but in my chevy all I could get was 46 gals and i wanted a little more than that. ATTA has a 38 gal tank that would have been absolutely perfect but it only fits a long box so I went with the 30 gal. It won't take up a lot of room because it is low and wide instead of narrow and high. Works for what I want.

Rick

tmcran

I am going with a replacement tank from Titan. They make a 51 gallon tank to replace my current tank. I have a shortbed and don't want to take up the space that an in bed add on tank would use up.

You are going to love the Titan 51 gal tank. I also have a short bed and need the room. I have had mine for over a year. It is great to have 450-500 mles ona tank when pulling.

DL35

I have crew-cab short bed '07 Chev; I use a 90 gal from RDS in Perry, FL. Valve to just turn on and off when needing diesel.

Tankie

just had the Titan installed in my Dodge 2500, gave me 55gal. Up from 35. Going on first long trip 1st half of May so will see how far I can travel between fuel stops.

Ricoh

I was just on the Titan site and my truck is an extended cab short box so the biggest tank I could get was 43 gals. You had me wondering there for a minute. Your trucks are Crew cabs and that is the difference.

Rick

jgallego

I have a transferflow 50 gallon tank on my 2500 short bed crew cab truck that fits below the fraime rails.

Jaime

caissiel

I have a 20 Gallons gravity drop tank in the bed of my truck. It was build for a short box GM and only 5.5" wide x 20" high x 60" long and fits in the front of the box. I have it flowing diesel in the fill line. When I need to transfer I just flip a switch that opens a solenoid valve and flows fuel through a 10Micron filter down to the truck tank.

This tank setup has been on 3 trucks so far since 1995. I would not pull an RV without this extra tank.

Last edited:

tmcran

Well, the install and cost of my Titan really paid of last week end. We were in Nashville When the flood hit. We were at Jelly Stone and Glad we were. Up high enough that we didn't get flooded but could not get out of town. The day before I filled up my 52 gal tank. The next two days no fuel as power was off in the area where we were located. Good thing was we didn't loose power or water at the park. When were we able to get out of town I didn't have to worry about fuel or lack of fuel as I knew I had about 500 miles of fuel. Of course the traffic on I 65 to I 40 was bumper to bumper. Delays were expected but a great deal of stress was avoided knowing I had plenty of fuel.

Last edited:

tmcran

It was sad to see drivers holding signs "need gas". If diesel would have helped I would have given them some. The folks next to us had not filled up before the flood but had about 20 gallons but were afraid to start out without knowing how long they would be in traffic or when they could get fuel. As luck had it on Tuesday fuel was available in many areas.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
When I wanted extra fuel, nobody made a tank I liked. I had one made. It holds 36.6 gal (can gal) and gravity feeds to the main. I tapped into the overflow line with a T, The valve on the tanks stays open ( partway) so I do not require a gauge for this tank. The tanks itself is in the bottom of a cross bed tool box. I cut the bottom out of the box and slide it over the tank. The i put a piece of plywood over the tank. The tank fill is in the box itseld. The outside of the tank is checker plate so everyhting matches. I have had this setup since 2003, now several of my friends have done the same thing, never had aproblem and NEVER run out of fuel. I carry a total of 57.7 can gal.

Cimriver

Got my 51 gallon Titan the other day. A friend and I will install it next weekend. Heavy on the friend. I'm the guy handing out the tools! Man that thing is big!

tmcran

Got my 51 gallon Titan the other day. A friend and I will install it next weekend. Heavy on the friend. I'm the guy handing out the tools! Man that thing is big!

Big and holds lots of fuel. I found it much easier to just remove the bed. You can get to eveything. I used a floor jack after I got all disconnected. Good luck.