Western Canada Warranty Problems

labbysmom

We purchased a new BH 3670 and picked it up in March. We live in the Vancouver, BC area and have tried unsuccessfully at two dealers to get some work done. One was an independent who no longer will service Heartland the other was the one and only Heartland dealer in our area. He refused when he found out I didn't purchase from him. Said he's booked up with "his own customers". Next closest dealer could be several hours away. I know for a fact the HL dealer I spoke to just didn't want the business from a "foriegn purchase". What to do now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

boatdoc

What's wrong with it? Maybe you can do it yourself as many of us have done. If that's out of the question call Heartland and they'll find someone for you. Let us know and maybe we can walk you though it. Don't panic!!!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Check with Cottonwood Rv in Chilliwack. The dealer in Langley you talked with is the one I don't like..

loafer

Call Ken at Cottonwood rv he is the service manager they are a heartland dealer and are good I have had my Sundance worked on there.( not warranty) but was happy with the work and it was done when they said it would be at the price they quoted. They have some very good techs there as well. 604 -792-7771. They carry north trail Travel tralers thats the heartland brand they carry but I also saw a Cyclone in maybe a trade in or ??
anyway my .02 cents worth Sailorand i know what you are saying re langley dealer
regards Bill

labbysmom

Thanks everyone. I did call Ken at Cottonwood and he actually explained some things to me. Bottom line is even he is reluctant to deal with Heartland as they shaft him on parts imported (will not cover duty and broker) and typically don't allocate enough time on labor. He said he'd help if I could get Heartland to manage the part issue. So that's the stage I'm at now. I have repaired a couple of the items myself.

flameon

just wondering how you made out with Cottonwood for your warranty repairs as I've got some warranty repairs to be done and would sure like to know.

MurrayN.

This begs the age old question on whether or not saving a little money buying from afar is worth the hassle of not having a local dealer that will look after you after the sale. We bought from a local dealer in Saskatoon here and have been very pleased with the service that we have received. The same issue pops up all the time from farmers (as I am) who find a great deal at an auction sale and save $50G on a large piece of equipment worth $250-300G, but when they have problems the local equipment dealer tells them to take a hike because they are busy servicing their own customers who supported them. So is the money you save always worth it? Everyone has to determine this for themselves. If you have to drive a couple of hours one way to get serviceon your rv, and take a day off of work to do it, how much money are you saving?

But I did run into this parts issue with Heartland myself when I had a defective rim on my 2010 3300RLB. The aluminum cast rim had a pinhole leak in the rim which caused it to lose 10-20psi pressure everyday. The dealership confirmed the issue, but Heartland would not cover the cost of shipping the rim plus duty and broker. I was supposed to pay $75 to cover this cost and then they would send me a new rim! This is the first time that I had heard of this one from any company whose rv I had purchased. I ended up taking it to someone local who welded aluminum and he put some weld on top of the defective area. Just to let labbysmon know that yours is not an isolated incident.

Duramax1

There is a second Heartland dealer now in Langely which sells the Heartland Greystone line.

I did purchase my Sundance from the other dealer and I must say that I have received the best of service for warranty and other matters.

flameon

I never said anything about buying a rig at one place and taking it to another, just wondering how labbysmon found the warranty service from heartland @ cottonwood rv, as this is where I bought my unit from and now have 2 issues with the roof. I understand what your saying, but when you buy any unit of this "scale" you shouldn't have to fight tooth and nail for something that you've already purchased heartlands extended warranty. Don't get me wrong I love my Cyclone, and can't complain about the great service that recently I received from Sandy Horn & Matt Cameron @ Heartland's parts department.

noobee

I never said anything about buying a rig at one place and taking it to another, just wondering how labbysmon found the warranty service from heartland @ cottonwood rv, as this is where I bought my unit from and now have 2 issues with the roof. I understand what your saying, but when you buy any unit of this "scale" you shouldn't have to fight tooth and nail for something that you've already purchased heartlands extended warranty. Don't get me wrong I love my Cyclone, and can't complain about the great service that recently I received from Sandy Horn & Matt Cameron @ Heartland's parts department.

"purchased heartlands extended warranty"

Are you sure you have extended warranty from Heartland? Or is it a Service Program from a third party?

CS

flameon

whether I have a "heartlands extended warranty" (might be the wrong wording) or third party isn't the question, all I wanted to know was how her experience with cottonwood was with her problem & was it fixed to her liking.