Landing Gear Fuze (2007 Bighorn 3055RL)

jdfishing

After reading all of the comments over the past several months from members of this forum regarding a 30 amp fuze in the line for the landing gear, I decided I would look for mine so I would know where it is when (if) it ever blows. Well, following all of the advice on possible locations, I have looked and looked to no avail. The wires from the switch go upward through a hole in the top of the front storage compartment and then its anybody's guess where they end up. Is it possible they attach to the inside fuze panel? Could there be no fuze?

RollingHome

Your question "could there be no fuze" ? No. there is a fuse, you just have not found it, sorry ! Mine is in the hydraulics compartment, near the bottom of the stuff in there. There is what as known as an inline fuse. It is a little black plastic thing, kinda looks like a growth in the wire and hangs down. I snap open the plastic cap and whalla... there's a bi fin 30 amp fuse just waiting for me to change it to a bigger higher amp fuse when I have trouble... which I shouldn't have to... go figure :). The fuse holder is black plastic and 1/3 the size of a Zippo lighter with the same action, hope this helps. Tally Ho Tom

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If you look on the wall behind the battery there is electric block with the wires from the battery, etc. attached. If you pull the red plastic covers off the block you will find small reset buttons on the left side for the battery and hyd. slide power.......Kenny

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
According to the Lippert sheet on the jack switch, the inline fuse is attached to the wiring harness, or so it would appear. The picture on the sheet shows it. Hopefully, this document is not obsolete.

RollingHome

Kenny, I just read your post. I've been in that compartment several times ( new 3670 onwer here ) I saw the RED covered terminal strip and "assumed" it was just that a terminal strip. After your post I went out and checked further... sure enough, you are correct ! What am I looking at ? The top rectangular "thing" has a small button on the right side, the 3 others below do not. I assume the top unit is a manual reset crkt brkr and the 3 below are auto- reset crkt brks., am I correct ? Do you know (without giving you a go-do) what or where I can find exactly which one is for what ? In advance, Thank You, Tom

jdfishing

Thanks for all the great tips. Soon as I can get out to my trailer, I'll check again for that pesky fuze, breaker.