Extra shelf

05Winger

Lori wanted more room for doing dishing so here is my attempt at giving her more room with a fold down shelf. I admit I am not a wood worker. I used a maple board my Dad had laying around in his garage and used the router to put on a finished edge. I used Maple stain and it is not an exact match but it is close. We got the fold down brackets from E-bay.

Attachments

• shelf1..jpg
    shelf1..jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 148
  • shelf2..jpg
    shelf2..jpg
    404 KB · Views: 130

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looks pretty darn good to me, and I do a bit of woodworking. You followed the curve of the counter nicely. I did a similar thing in our previous TT, but just removed the fold-down TV shelf in the bedroom (The Decapitator) and attached it to the end of the counter. One suggestion, if you didn't do it. Where you attached the brackets to the side of the cabinet, put some wood, maybe 2" wide by 10" long, inside the cabinet and screw the brackets into that, through the cabinet wall. That will help spread the load of the shelf and prevent the brackets from pulling out of the thin cabinet wall. At least, that's what I had to do with my mod.

05Winger

Thanks for the tip. It's great information; I know one screw hit something solid, but I'll have to do something then for the rest.