Mounting TV in a 26RKS

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
We are wanting to mount an LCD tv with built in DVD player on the wall in our 26RKS. Specifically, we want to install a mounting bracket on the wall that's between the dinnette and the bathroom. Where can we get a diagram of the wall interior to locate the studs to mount the bracket? Has anyone else put up a TV in this spot? If so, how does it work out for you? We think the shelf up in the corner is too high for watching TV/movies from the couch. Currently, we take the TV down and put it on the table but this is a huge pain in the neck and we don't want to leave it on the table because we like the window.
Thanks for your help and advice!

Tracy

fdechaine

We have a 26RKS and agree that mounting an LCD on the provided shelf would make it too high. We tried it and did not like it. We also explored putting a mounting bracket on the wall as you suggested and decided that it would get in our way when eating, etc.

We decided to put the mounting bracket on the base of the countertop located on the right as you enter the trailer. The swing arm fits well against the back wall when traveling (LCD is stored on the bed when traveling). We can watch Movies from the couch or the dinette seat closest to the bathroom wall

I may have a schematic of the wall between the bathroom and the dinette but since by TT is and '09, I wonder if any changes might have been made. If you send me a pm with your email, I can forward it to you and also take pictures of what we did for out LCD.

fdechaine

Pocohorse

IMG_1727..JPGIMG_1728..JPGIMG_1726..JPG

Here are the pictures of our LCD Television mount on the 26RKS. We are quite happy with the way it all works out. The picture on the far right shows the lcd flex arm in the stored position when traveling. The picture in the middle shows how the television would be placed for viewing. Please note that the arm swings up / down / left / right with no issues. The far left picture shows where I place the television when we are eating. Sorry that I don't actually have the television mounted but I usually put it away when I get home. Another note, see how close to the right edge I have the LCD arm mounted?? Don't do that. Give yourself another inch so you can access the bolt easier.