New Hensley BD3 Air Ride

jcarnevale

Just installed a Draw-Tite Rail Kit and a BD3 Trailer Saver ! Now we wait for a completion date of a 2011 3300RLB

Hitch..jpg

jcarnevale

Looks great!
How high is the top of the hitch plate to the ground (52"-54')? I think the Sundance's hitch is 48". Your truck looks like it sits high like mine.

Wasn't sure, ....had to check.....came up at 55". I added a leaf to the springs which raised the bed about an inch. Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I too added about an inch spacer to the rear of my truck to make it sit level with no load. Added air bags to the rear so it sit level with the weight of the RV. (dropped about 2" when loaded).
When both units were level I only had 2 1/2" clearance from the top of the bed rail to the bottom of the 5th wheel. I made 2"x2"x 4.5" steel pinned spacer blocks for the RV's axle to raise the unit, I also bought taller wheels and tires. Took some work but now both RV and truck are level and a proper bed rail clearance. This is just a guess but I'm thinking your Sundance's nose will be 5"-6" high when hitched up. If you decide to correct this just let me know, I have longer axle u-bolts in stock and can make blocks any height you want to raise the rear of your coach.

jcarnevale

Thanks for the help, I just may need some advise after we pick it up. Your rig looks perfect in the picture, I will do what it takes to get the Truck and Trailer to sit and run level. Now if I can just get it to do some tricks I'll get rid of the dog.........(hope he didn't hear that!).

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thanks for the help, I just may need some advise after we pick it up. Your rig looks perfect in the picture, I will do what it takes to get the Truck and Trailer to sit and run level. Now if I can just get it to do some tricks I'll get rid of the dog.........(hope he didn't hear that!).
You sure you want to get rid of the dog?.... I'd give a $1,000,000 to have my Shepard back.