overcharging battery

Bub-Ba-Q

I have an 2008 cyclone 4012 bought new in April 2008. So many issues already. Fridge has been replace 5 times and just went out again yesterday, water pump went bad, already replaced the battery in December and now the battery is bad again. It smells like rotten eggs which tells me it is overcharging. Any clues as to why. I guess I need to pull everything out and find the inverter. I am think I am having buyers regret with this unit. I have another camper that is a 2004 model and have never had any problems or spent as much money keeping the thing up.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bubba, 5 times? I read your post, and several things come to mind. Are you taking it back to the same repair guy? Seems strange to me that your refer went out 6 times. Someone needs to find out why this happens. Wow.
As far as your converter overcharging, have you checked the charging voltage? Do you keep and eye on the water in the battery? Maybe your battery just went bad.
If you have a Progressive Dynamics converter, they have a trouble shooting guide on their web site. Might help with that problem.
Please let us know what you find. It may help someone else.

Peace
Dave

Bub-Ba-Q

Believe it or not, yes 5 times. After the fourth, they found out there was no fridge vent on the roof and then installed it. Been several months since tha, but I think this is a new issue. Gonna call the man rep about it. The water level in the battery is good, but it smells like rotten eggs is is boiling. Gonna check the volts later today and get it to the repair place Mon. I now have a Camping World that can fix it. The only other place is almost 2 hours away and they had to do the work before. Just a pain in the butt dealing with so many issues, especially since I use the camper evry week just about for my cook offs.

ChopperBill

If it would take five refers installed before the dealer discovered there was no vent I would RUN, not walk, as far away from that dealer as I could and find another.

crazybanshee

I don't know why your dealer put a roof vent on. My fridge has a side vent above the fridge and it has worked fine for three years.
Doug