Our Introduction to Heartland

healeyt

Hi Everyone. My name is Theresa and my partner is Pat. We are members of the senior crowd but do not feel like seniors - we are young at heart. We just brought home our new North Trail 28'RLS in March and have taken one short tip in it. Wish I had used the forums much earlier as I see so many questions/answers here that would have helped us. But we are learning from first hand experience and know that it won't be long before we are used to everything.

We had two class C's before this trailer. Neither one had a slide out and so we found them narrow and confining. The small slideout on the NT gives us just enough room stretch out. We don't have to pass each other sideways anymore in the living area.

We have had a few bugs to work out but warranty work has been good and easy to access and the Heartland service folks have been helpful. We managed to get a hole in the underbelly (a small one) and Gary gave me enough information to do a web search for products to fix it. Will let you know on the NT forum when I have the repair done.

We live on the Central Coast of California and wonder if/when there might be a North Trail rally of some kind here on the west coast. Last year there was a Big Horn rally in Buellton but we are looking for some folks who have trailers like ours.

Hooking up/unhooking and towing are different than these exercises were on the Class C's. Pat does the driving (I am such a wimp) but I am really more into information gathering especially for repair and maintanence etc.

Not all of my posts will be this long (I promise). Just wanted you to get to know us a little.

Theresa

wdk450

Theresa:
Welcome to the Heartland family. Our rallies are open to ALL Heartland brands, not specific brands. Even SOB (Some Other Brand) owners are welcome. I would look at the Southern California Rally near Solvang, the Oregon Rally on the southern Oregon coast (June), or the Central California rally in Jackson (southeast of Sacramento)(Oct.) . The northern California rally was in April, and I am not sure where it will be next April. The rallies are all listed on the portal page, I believe.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Theresa, why don't you come to the Buellton rally this year. You are more than welcome. Besides I have never seen a N/T before....you might be the "hit" of the rally. Contact Larry or Debbi and get signed up. Our Socal rallies are for all Heartland products not just 5ers. Bob

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
You are more than welcome at the OR rally in June. We even just had an ocean front site open up! Don't be put off just because there are a lot of Big Horns and Landmarks. We want all Heartland products at our rallies. I have Big Horns, Landmarks, a Sundance, a Razor, a Big Country, and a North Trail registered for the Oregon rally. We even let SOBs in because that's how we get them to drink the koolaid and buy a Heartland! Actually, 2 of the SOBs we had last year have Heartlands this year.;);)

Kristy