Trail Aire Equaflex Question

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While I was poking around under my rig today, I noticed that my EquaFlex stabilizers have two zerk fittings on each of them (under the road dust). Never noticed them before (dang trifocals). Are these the "wet bolts" I've heard tell about? If so, what is the lubrication for them? Can't find any info on Lippert or Trail-Aire's sites.

So far, my rig doesn't have a lot of miles on it, but I've learned that old grease is bad grease...the hard way.

aatauses

I also could not find much information about frequency of grease. I usually put in a small amount before each trip., use general purpose grease.
al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
John, you might not be able to get any grease in there. If the load is over the grease hole you will not be able to pump any grease in. You will know it. If it doesn't take grease, jack the coach up an take some pressure off the hole, then pump grease.
And no, those are not the wet bolts. Well kind of. The wet bolts your have read about are replacement, greasable, bolts that hold the springs, shackels and Equiflex suspension in place.

Peace
Dave