Filter Mod Finally ........

SilverRhino

Finally got around to digging through my "extra" plumbing supplies to put together a dual filter set-up as many others have done. One thing I decided to do was add filter by-pass capability....to be used when flushing tanks etc. Only had to purchase the filters and one valve...had everything else "neatly" tucked away in the garage. To think my wife complains that I never get rid of anything!

Travel Safe!

Attachments

• Filter mount..jpg
    Filter mount..jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Filter with Label.jpg
    Filter with Label.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 216
  • Back ofFilter Box&.jpg
    Back ofFilter Box&.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Tub Mount..jpg
    Tub Mount..jpg
    47 KB · Views: 192

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Cool, Randy. I like that by-pass idea. With my set up, I could incorporate it and still have the regulator in place to keep from overpressurizing the tank flush.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Looks like the the honey-do list just got longer. Mark thanks you, I'm sure!!!
Kristy

Last edited:

SilverRhino

I plan on still connecting my pressure regulator at the source.....I don't think there should be too much of a pressure drop.....if there is I can adjust for it.

I agree with John....I don't want to over pressurize the tank flush.

Travel Safe!

porthole

Retired
Fancy filter idea that is on my list. But after the weekend at Cape Hatteras I don't think anything will help their water except a RO system.

Note to self, next time we go to a somewhat remote area bring plenty of drinking water, or don't pass by the stores that are 20+ miles away without stopping.
Although I now know that I can put about 12 1 gallon jugs of water in a Harley king tourpak.