Brakes on 3055RL Bighorn

jimtoo

The only fuse I know of is on the main controller. What kind of problems are you having?? No brakes or what? If the emergency cable has been pulled (the cable on the hitch with pin in box) and left out for any length of time,,,, the contacts may be burned in it also.

Give us more information please. What, when, where,,,??

Jim M

pcthikersam

pcthikersam
I had a failure of the display on my True control gold controller, so they sent a remanufactured one, and I get intermitent trailer tire lockups when I apply brakes. I believe it is the controller but want to make sure I eliminate all possible causes. The trailer has been stored for the winter and this is the first trip out. So more than one variable is possible. Just trying to eliminate all causes.
Thanks for any information.
Sam

caissiel

On my trip down south last fall I had problems with trailer wheels locking up. It was not all 4 just one or maybe a second one. So I determined it could be isolated to the individual wheels. I pulled out the locking hubs and the grease had leaked out on the brake magnets. The trailer must have been greased without turning the hubs and the grease leaked through the seals and dropped on the magnets. I cleaned the drum face that were covered with grease with brake cleaner, I was lucky because the shoes were still clean so I cleaned each wheel and proceded on my way.

For the rest of the way I felt that the brakes were still very agressive with my timed style brake controler set at low setting of 5 out of 10.

I have since invested in a proportional brake controler and will be testing it tomorrow because we are leaving Florida to go home 2000 miles North.