Bigfoot Leveling system..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am intrested in finding out who all might have the Bigfoot leveling system installed on their trailer.

I have priced the TrailAir Levelup and the Bigfoot as well as their fully automatic option. I have decided to have the Bigfoot installed at the end of the month. If you have the Bigfoot system I would like to hear your ideas about the system.

BC

billd

Had it installed on our 2007 3670, we love it. Just make sure Heartland and Bigfoot confirm your frame can handle the lifting. If I buy another 5th wheel they will be installed before I take delivery.

jgilbert

Bob,

Where are you having the Bigfoot system installed? Somewhere in Texas? How much coin is it going to cost? I'm interested also.

Joe

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I am intrested in finding out who all might have the Bigfoot leveling system installed on their trailer.

I have priced the TrailAir Levelup and the Bigfoot as well as their fully automatic option. I have decided to have the Bigfoot installed at the end of the month. If you have the Bigfoot system I would like to hear your ideas about the system.

BC

I'm such a copycat...me too later this year. Just waiting, as usual.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hey Lefty...
When I get up in your neck of the woods would you like to check out my Bigfoot? LOL

I will try to give you a holler when we get upt in that area....

See ya later...
BC

Re: Bigfoot Leveling system.. Gotter Done...

Well I gotter done..:D

We no longer have electric landing gears. Last Thursday we went to Quadra Bigfoot's Florida shop and they put the fully automatic Bigfoot leveling system on our Bighorn.

It is so nice. Does not take but just a couple of minutes to disconnect and level the trailer. No more bending down to pull the pins and waiting for the gears to go up and down.

One bit of information. If you have the Bigfoot system installed do it in White Pigeon, MI. If you have it installed in Florida you will have to pay an excise (?) tax. None in MI.

It added about $50 to the price.

BC

RollingHome

Bob, just curious does the bigfoot system utilize the Lippert hydraulic system components or is it a completely new, standalone and different system ? I ask, because I thought someday I may want to eliminate the back electric stabilizers only. Tom

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bob, just curious does the bigfoot system utilize the Lippert hydraulic system components or is it a completely new, standalone and different system ? I ask, because I thought someday I may want to eliminate the back electric stabilizers only. Tom

Tom
No Bigfoot does not use the hydraulic system on your trailer. It eliminates the electric landing gear system by Lippert. They place a set of jacks behind the rear tires. Each jack has it's own Hydraulics with it. They are run and operated separately by the control panel by me or by the computer.

They do not put a set of jacks in place of the rear stabilizers. This would cause the jacks to hang up on places on the road. They place the rear jacks 9" behind the rear tires. I believe Lippert's rear jacks are also about the same distance due to the probability of the jacks striking the ground.

DSC_0971M.jpg DSC_0969M.jpg DSC_0968M.jpg DSC_0970M.jpg

This is the automatic system. When the system is installed it is leveled and set in the system controls. When you remove the trailer from the truck all you have to to is press the automatic button and it levels the trailer. Brian (Tech at the shop) suggested to make the setup a bit more stable I can drop the nose of the trailer below level then press the automatic button. I have not use the rear stabilizers since I had the system installed. I do get a slight movement if someone is up in the bedroom and bounces.

BC

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We plan to have a leveling system installed next year before the rally in Goshen. I'm still considering both the Lippert and the Big Foot system, but right now, I'm leaning more to the BF.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
What was the cost? CS

Quantra Bigfoot had an April discount that I took advantage of.

For a fully automatic system of the Medium system was $4,600. for the fully automatic system. The discounted April system was less than this. I had them install the long cable for the control box that cost about $50 additional. This is not a wireless system. The control box is hard wired to the system and sored in the ODS Basement behind the probane box area.

I talked to Lippert about a fully automatic system and their price was about the same amount but was a wireless system and not automatic. They told me they might be able to update it to the fully autmatic system but there would be an additional expense.

Lippert uses the hydraulics in the trailer and adds on to the existing hydraulics for the jacks. They replace the landing gear, adds a set of jacks in front of the front axle and a set of jacks behind the rear axles. Total 6 jacks if you have electric landing gear. JT Strong Arms will not fit on either system.

BC
This is what I did.. There is no intention to make any reflection on the Lippert or Quantra systems, positive or negative. This is a statement of my personal choice.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I'm stuck in Norfolk for the foreseeable future. So, I guess I'll be here.

Hey Lefty...
When I get up in your neck of the woods would you like to check out my Bigfoot? LOL

I will try to give you a holler when we get upt in that area....

See ya later...
BC

jgilbert

Tom
No Bigfoot does not use the hydraulic system on your trailer. It eliminates the electric landing gear system by Lippert. They place a set of jacks behind the rear tires. Each jack has it's own Hydraulics with it. They are run and operated separately by the control panel by me or by the computer.

View attachment 8671 View attachment 8672 View attachment 8673 View attachment 8674

This is the automatic system. When the system is installed it is leveled and set in the system controls. When you remove the trailer from the truck all you have to to is press the automatic button and it levels the trailer. Brian (Tech at the shop) suggested to make the setup a bit more stable I can drop the nose of the trailer below level then press the automatic button. I have not use the rear stabilizers since I had the system installed. I do get a slight movement if someone is up in the bedroom and bounces.

BC

Outstanding BC!! We have our appointment in White Pigeon for September 29th. We can't wait.

Joe

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bob, can you lift the wheels off the ground.
Yes. I can lift the entire trailer off the ground. Each of the front jacks can lift 17,000# (2 jacks) and the rear can lift 12,000# (2).

Here is info from their website...
Medium Duty System (Units up to 39’)
Front cylinders 26” or 30” overall length
Front cylinder extension 20” or 24” actual travel
Rear cylinders 21” overall length
Rear cylinder extension 15” actual travel
Weight capacity #17,000 per cylinder, #12,000 rear
Foot size 100 square inches
Complete system weight #290 - #340 pounds

One additional point of information.
Since we had the system installed we found that with just the Bigfoot jacks it is easy to level, but there is still a bit of wiggle when you walk around. Not a large amount but I kept my rear stabilizer jacks and the JTStrongarm braces on them. This does help almost totally remove the movement.

The front JT's will not fit on the Bigfoot. However Bigfoot does sell the Plug It Right Stabilizers. They fit on the round jacks for Bigfoot. JT's fit the square feet.

They also showed me how to raise one side to make it easy to change a tire. You will need to learn how to operate the system a little better to raise one side.

BC

Delaine and Lindy

We were in there at Big Foot factory in White Pigeon, MI in 2006 to have a Big Foot system installed. However the Tech said we would have to do some cutting to get the system installed due to the locatio of the Propane tanks on each side on the front corners. I just didn't want the cutting on a new 5th wheel. However I did all the research on the Big Foot system and it was the best system on the market at the time.

We have had the Lippert Level up system on our last two 5th wheels they both came with the Lippert Level up system from the factory. It just takes minutes to set up and level, as for stablizers I don't use anything but the 6 Hydraulic jacks and we have very little movement. But when I set up I do take most of the weight off the suspension. Our system will raise the entire suspension off the ground and our weight is 18,500 lbs. The hydraulic system eliminates the need for a bottle jack for changing tires.

I can assure you if you do get a Hydraulic system you will never go back to a electric jack system. There now are several thousands of the Hydraulic systems in use in all types of RV's. Heartland is using a 12" suspension on most all of their 5th wheels now and back in 2006 we had a 5er with the 12" suspension and was told by the 5th wheel manufactor and Big Foot techs the 12" frame will work with Hydraulic jacks. When setting up in RV parks we always have someone walk up and ask how did you level up the 5th wheel without plastic blocks of no wooden boards? Good Luck on your choice. GBY....

Location : Clarksville Tn on our way to Colorado.......................

porthole

Retired
but there is still a bit of wiggle when you walk around. Not a large amount but I kept my rear stabilizer jacks and the JTStrongarm braces on them. This does help almost totally remove the movement.

One of the systems, Lippert I think, have the front jacks angled at about 5 degress out at the bottom. I would think that would go a long way towrds keeping the trailer from wiggiling.