------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Site fee: $27 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $ Per Person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/2/2010
  • Potluck time: 6:00 PM

• Event Leader:trdeal and SouthernNights(click to contact)
Additional Info:
This is a joint rally for the North and South Carolina Chapters. Terry/Renee Sam and I will be co-hosting this rally.

Please contact Lynn Cain to make your campground reservation. Then circle back to this thread and post a reply as to what day you plan to arrive. I will add you to the rally list at that time. Note that the campground may not be pre-assigning site numbers.

ATTENDEES

View attachment MayberryFall2010ExcelList(1).xls

View attachment MayberryFall2010ExcelList(1).xlsCampground
View attachment 9886
MayberryCampground2010FallRallySept25Update.jpg

Itinerary
View attachment NC SC Oct rally 2010 Itinerary.doc

Last edited:

timdebs

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Mt. Airy - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Just sent Lynn and email adding 15 more sites. Thanks everyone for your interest. Larry thanks again for help!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Hi Frankie and Angie,

Glad you guys are coming. Welcome to the forum and I assume your first Heartland Rally. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Tim, no problem. Take care of your family and see you in a couple months.

jimtoo

---Quote (Originally by FIREHORN)---
Frankie and Angie Forbis have made reservations for the rally. We will arrive on Friday, October 1,2010 around lunch time. Please add our names to your list. Looking forward to the rally. This will be our first time attending.
Frankie and Angie Forbis
---End Quote---

Hi Frankie and Angie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad you found the forum and when you go to the rally, you will meet some of the best people in the world. If you have never been to a rally before, be prepared to eat. Rallies are all about making friends and eating.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

OK, I can't stand it any longer. We officially now declare that we will attend yet one more rally. This addiction is out of control, but we will deal with it at the next Rally-anon meeting, whenever that may happen.
So we plan to arrive September 30 and leave October 3. I haven't called the campground yet but since we will be at Mayberry Campground this weekend we will make the necessary arrangements at that time.
If any of you are aware of any cure for this addiction, PLEASE let us know. In the meantime we will just have to continue having loads of fun with our growing Heartland family.:cool:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

---Quote (Originally by Flying Dutchman)---
OK, I can't stand it any longer. We officially now declare that we will attend yet one more rally. This addiction is out of control, but we will deal with it at the next Rally-anon meeting, whenever that may happen.
So we plan to arrive September 30 and leave October 3. I haven't called the campground yet but since we will be at Mayberry Campground this weekend we will make the necessary arrangements at that time.
If any of you are aware of any cure for this addiction, PLEASE let us know. In the meantime we will just have to continue having loads of fun with our growing Heartland family.:cool:
---End Quote---

We knew you would break down eventually!:D

SouthernNights

---End Quote---

The one really good thing about Ralliholicis is that they are very predictable. I was going to add you and Dorothy this morning anyway and wait to see if you said anything this weekend. LOL. :D

Glad you can come. It just wouldnt be the same without y'all.
BTW, we are leaving tomorrow (Thursday). We will see you guys up there.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

---End Quote---
The only we know how to cure that is to... well I'm not sure so I guess in the mean time attend as many rallys as you can.

boatto5er

---Quote (Originally by SouthernNights)---
The one really good thing about Ralliholics is that they are very predictable. I was going to add you and Dorothy this morning anyway and wait to see if you said anything this weekend. LOL. :D

Glad you can come. It just wouldnt be the same without y'all.
BTW, we are leaving tomorrow (Thursday). We will see you guys up there.

*P.S. I do need some suggestions on what JOB to give GUS. After his very sucessful Eastern Rally, I know he is just itching to get back into the swing things*.
---End Quote---
I will gladly volunteer to be the official "do nothing" person.

SouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by boat to 5er)---
I will gladly volunteer to be the official "do nothing" person.
---End Quote---

You must be getting of being wrong so much...LOL

boatto5er

---Quote (Originally by SouthernNights)---
You must be getting tired of being wrong so much...LOL
---End Quote---

I'm never wrong - I thought I was wrong once; turns out I was wrong about being wrong.:rolleyes:

Jim & Harriet

ok, we are now confirming that we are "officially registered."
staying Friday - Sunday. this will be a new experience for us -
only a short drive from here in Roanoke, VA to Mt. Airy, NC.
see ya'll there! :angel:
ps: the wine tasting - two thumbs up for that!

SouthernNights

Jim and Harriet,

That is good news. See, I had faith you would work it out. Now I can change the list.
See you there.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Santha made reservations today. Arriving on Wednesday and leaving early Sunday.
Looking forward to the fun.
Might be a leadership crisis with this many chapter leaders in attendance. LOL
Randy

SouthernNights

Hey guys, already got you down. See post 62.
Anyway, still glad you are coming.
Well there is one less coming than I thought. I heard from Phil today and he has a conflict with his schedule. He said something about having to work...yeah- like that's a good excuse.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Larry, I agree that work is not a good excuse unless I am using it. Then it is
a valid excuse. Sure wish Phil and Becky could make it. Randy

davebennington

Several of heartland owners are at Mayberry campground now and it appears to be very nice place. They are expanding the campground with anticipation of having 300 sites. I spoke with the owner and he explained to me the future plans he has in mind, if all goes according to the plan it will be a great campground. To give you an example every site is leveled and each site has 2 sewer hookups,and the water outlets are very unique. The entire campground has granite crushed rock and it works well in this place. I will fill you in on other details as we see them develop.

So far we have 22 units coming for the NC fall rally and it looks like we can handle up to 50 units, so first ones to signup will be able to attend.

Dave

Jim & Harriet

sounds like a great CG. might have to take a trip there this summer just to check it out.
we like to find nice places that aren't too far too drive.

davebennington

Hi All,

We are at the Mayberry campground checking out the sites, there was a terrible storm last night and it washed some of the internal roads however the campground owner was out very early smoothing everything out again. GOOD news for the October rally here at Mount Airy the campground owner has said he will give everybody who attends the rally a 10% discount, so when you call talk to Lynn and she will get you set up and registered. It looks like the max units we can handle at this time is 50 so sign up early and get your reservation for the North Carolina Rally.

Dave

SouthernNights

Here is a sneak preview of Mayberry Campground:

View attachment 8745
During the weekend, The owner had The Easter Brothers (Bluegrass and Gospel singers) come in and give a free concert. It was followed by a free lunch of hotdogs and hamburgers.

View attachment 8746

For those that have replied that you have stayed here or drove through the campground, you are all right-what a fantastic little campground!

Status
Not open for further replies.