Window Shades

Leno

When I was pulling one of my shades down the other night, one of them snapped. The string is out on one side. Don't have a clue how to fix or where to bring it. Is this something I am covered for under warranty? We will be having some warranty work done in July after the rally.

DougS

Doug S
I have restrung a large day/night shade in my present RV. I did have a time finding the right size string, so I went one size bigger and it works well today. It does take time but it can be done. You can Google for instructions, I was able to find this one, hope the link works.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/24834641/DayNight-Shade-Repair/

I am looking forward for our new Landmark which has 2 inch blinds, hope to pick it up June 1.

DougS

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jmgratz is correct, it should be covered. If you feel comfortable doing it, remove the shade from the header and bring it to your dealer. Much easier than taking the rig in. It can be done easy enough on your own. I have done a few and have used braided 80# bowfishing line as replacement cord. It's available at any decent sporting goods store in the archery or fishing dept. Attached is a picture of the string diagram.

Attachments

• blind stringing..jpg
    blind stringing..jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 23