Electrical wires cut by tire rub.

DW_Gray

I was not sure where to post this.

I have a problem with a tire on the off door side cutting the wires over it. I noticed this problem the first time last October in Oregon. I fixed the wires myself and secured them better to the supporting strap. I monitored it for a while and all seemed to be fine. Last week I noticed wires were cut again.

Does anyone know of a solution to remedy this problem permanently?

Should I bring this up to Heartland even though the warranty is now expired?

I've attached a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_4069w..jpg
    IMG_4069w..jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

slb714

I had the same problem but it cut through my propane hose, put some heavy duty tie wraps and hadn't had a problem with it since, but its one of those things I check before pulling away.

Willym

There have been a number of posts regarding failure of the plastic cable/hose carrier. I believe that it is called "Flex Guard" and is made by Lippert Components. It looks like yours is either overloaded (two many cables) or the end has failed causing it to droop. Many people have remedied this by attaching the failed end of the carrier to the frame using a door hinge. Lippert also has a fix see LIP sheet 028 on http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=68. You can aso do a search on the forum for the hinge fix. Good luck.

DW_Gray

There have been a number of posts regarding failure of the plastic cable/hose carrier. I believe that it is called "Flex Guard" and is made by Lippert Components. It looks like yours is either overloaded (two many cables) or the end has failed causing it to droop. Many people have remedied this by attaching the failed end of the carrier to the frame using a door hinge. Lippert also has a fix see LIP sheet 028 on http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=68. You can aso do a search on the forum for the hinge fix. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I figured there may be other posts about this but when I don't even know the name of most of the parts on these RVs, it's kind hard to search in the dark.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, mine broke very early on. Put a door hinge on the frame and one in the middle where it broke. Works good now.