Superglide quick connect capture plate

ullabill

I have a 2011 Sundance 3000RK on order. My truck has a superglide hitch installed. I would like to know the make and model number of the pin box that will be on the 3000RK so I can get the superglide quick connect cature plate ordered and in before the Sundance arrives.

D

Dave Willis

Re: Superglide quick connect capture place

We use the Lippert Components Hitch, Model #1621.

Thanks,

ullabill

Thanks, Dave.
I pulled up the Pullrite website and they show two superglide quick connect capture plates for the Lippert Model #1621. According to the chart, Lippert has two different 1621's. When looking at the kiing pin head on they show two widths, one is 12 3/4" wide which takes a superglide part #331704 and the other is 13 1/4" wide which takes a superglide part #331705. So, I need to know the which width #1621. To get even more specific they show a Lippert 1621HD which takes a superglide part #331711. So which of the three is it?? It would be alot easier is Lippert had taken the different width 1621's and given them different model numbers.

Thanks,
Bill Burgess

D

Dave Willis

I just spoke to Lippert and we are using the normal 1621 pin, not the 1621HD. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

RollingHome

Bill, I have an 18K SuperGlide and here's what happened to me. I and the dealer found the correct capture plate in the SuperGlide spread sheet... We had the correct one ! I drove 3 1/2 hours to have it installed and bring my new RV home... We had the wrong plate ! I had to leave my unit there and a new plate was ordered per the SuperGlide folks instructions. The dealer also ordered a "Universal Capture Plate", just in case. Furthermore, I found conflicting plate model numbers on the SuperGlide site and they are still on the site, they list 2 completely different p/n for a 1621HD !!! The new plate was wrong too and the dealer welded the "Universal" capture plate on and I drove home. My experience demonstrates, there exist lots of confusion with pin box numbers, capture plates p/n and model numbers and fits... lots ! My RV came with a 1621HD it was replaced by a TrailAir M15 pin box, TrailAir says it should be a L15 which will not work... In the end you will have to learn everything you can and become proficient in this arena. If your dealer is far away I would suggest he order a Universal capture plate... just in case. Tom

ihsolutions

I just bought a Big Horn 3670RL and already had the universal capture plate from my previous 5'er. I went to the dealer to pick up the unit and lo and behold, the universal capture plate does not work with the 1621 UNLESS you modify it with support arms (pullrite parts) and that seemed like a whole lot more work than just getting the quick connect plate (704). Fortunately I was in Elkhart already, so I contacted Pullrite, told them of my issue, and they agreed to sell me a quick connect plate directly since none of their resellers had one in stock.

Note, if your 5'er has the ABS hitch cover it will be necessary to trim parts of the bottom of the cover off to allow for the capture plate installation. I had to use a utility knife and it took me about 1/2 hour, but my preference would have been to use a dremel -- much quicker and a better looking job!

ullabill

Dave, Jeff and Tom,

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I have more homework to do. I talked to the parts manager at the dealer and explained the different Lippert 1621 measurements and the corresponding pullrite parts numbers. He will contact Sundance as well and try to make sure he gets the right pullrite part. Since I am in Reno and it is about 600 miles to the dealer in Lake Havasu City, I don't want to be hung up down there waiting for the correct quick connect plate. I plan on spending a few days camping there to work out the kinks and get any repairs done before bringing it back to Reno. I sure don't want to spend that time waiting for a part just to be able to tow the unit off the lot.

Dave, as I mentioned in the previous posting, Pullrite shows two Lippert 1621's. One 12 3/4" wide and one 13 1/4" wide. Neither of these is the 1621HD. I assume Lippert must have produced the 1621 in one width and then decided to produce it using a different width. If that is the case; which width are they producing now that they call "normal"? I appreciate the assistance. I don't have the unit yet and already the factory and soon to be fellow heartland owners are stepping up to help me out.

Thanks, Bill Burgess
Reno, NV

ullabill

Jeff, Tom and Dave,

Well guys, I am showing my ignorance. After that last post, I thought call Lippert, dummy!!! The current 1621 is 12 3/4" wide.

Bill

D

Dave Willis

You are correct, the size is 12 3/4. I just spoke to Lippert and received this info. If you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks,