Warm water only

olyfire

I have a 2010 32buds. Had our first outing last week and could only get the water heater to warm the water. Is there any way to turn up the water heater temp? I tried using the gas and electric separately and then together still only warm.

Love the new trailer.

jnbhobe

Check the by-pass valves on the HWT one may be in the wrong postion. You may also have a stuck check valve on the HWT. Jon

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Check the shower and make sure the faucets are not on and water stopped by the shower head on off button. This caused us the same problem.

Could also be a problem at the outdoor shower also.

BC

jnbhobe

I always forget about the outside shower.Thanks for remembering Bob. Its a very common problem. I got brain fade. Jon

olyfire

Thanks to all, I checked the outside show and the inside one. They all are shut off and work properly. I will check the by-pass. Is there a way to check the check valve?

jhyatt

Olyfire;
I know this is kinda late, but did you get your hot water problem fixed? I had the same problem with my camper last summer after purchase and on our first trip out, no hot water. If the by-pass valve is set for by-pass, you will only get warm water. I closed the by-pass valve and had no problems after that, plenty of hot water.
Jim

RollingHome

Sometimes a stuck check valve can be loosened with a tap or two on the valve body, helps it to seat properly. See, sometimes you can fix things with a hammer, just don't go too large as in "get a bigger hammer"... :). Tom

Saildogs

Dumb question time. Where is the bypass valve located? Have looked at the heater from the outside on our NTRBS and did not see a bypass valve. We are having the issue of warm water only when trying to heat the water with electric only.

irvin56

should be located DIRECTly behind tank.
you will have to remove some panel inside unit to access it.

olyfire

I HAVE HOT WATER.
Thanks to all. I removed the drawers and panel, sure enough there were the valves turned in by-pass mode.
Funny how the dealer didn't do this before delivery but that's a whole other story.
Tom, I really wanted to fix something with a hammer, that was going to be next try but by that time out of frustration I might of hit it a bit hard.

Thanks again to all

Larry & Jo
Traveling cats Danny & Daisy
2002 3500 Chev. Duramax
2010 North Trail 32 BUDS

Saildogs

We've located the bypass valves and they appear to be in the correct position BUT it also appears that there is NO electric element for hot water! There is a place where an element should probably be but no element. This is a 2011 unit and is supposed to heat water by gas and/or electric. Looks like we'll be calling the dealer tomorrow as we are on our way to northern PA for a couple days of camping. At least we will have hot water via gas!!