Installing wall mount TV in bedroom-2900MK

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
I would like to install on the inside exterior wall of our 2010 2900MK Sundance a Simplicity SMF1 TV mount. This would be installed on the exterior wall right above the current shelf for the TV. We will install a 22" flat screen on this mount. They use three (3) each
1/4-20 X 2.5" lag bolts. Can you tell me how that exterior wall is composed and what type of anchor bolt you would recommend for this install, and if you would even advise against the install. Any advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated. We are very happy with our coach and Thank you for building a very high quality 5ver.
Thanks again!

D

Dave Willis

We have a backer in the wall for the TV. It is 8" wide and 21" tall and is directly in the center over the E-Center counter top. We use an inch and half long screw when we install the TV's here at the plant.

Thanks,

mlburst1

Dave,

George's question was about mounting in the bedroom on the outside wall above the TV shelf - not over the entertainment center.

Mike

TahoeCamper

Mike,

Yes you are correct, I need info on installing the swivel mount in the Bedroom on the exterior wall, above the current shelf for the TV. Is there any kind of backer, or a recommended fastener to attach the 7# swivel wall bracket? We wish to use a 23" TV on the mount. I would not travel with the TV in place, but remove it while towing. TV probably weights 20# max. All help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
George

D

Dave Willis

Sorry about that. We do not have a backer in the side wall for mounting a TV. I'm not sure how dealers or customers are mounting the bedroom TV's. You might want to check with your local dealer and see how they are mounting them. I know that some people have bolted the TV base down to the counter tops.

Thanks,

TahoeCamper

Dave,
Can you tell me what the construction is on this wall? Just need to know the thickness of the various layers in the wall and whether there is a structural aluminum stud anywhere in this area. With that info I'll drive over to the local dealer and talk with the service staff.

Thanks again,

D

Dave Willis

I spoke to our engineer and he said that there isn't anything in the wall to secure a TV wall mount to in that particular area of the wall. He recommends securing the TV to the shelf using a counter top TV mount or by just bolting the TV base to the shelf.

Thanks,

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
January 1, 2011:
We just returned from our 1 week Maiden Voyage, we have a 23 inch flat screen TV and it sits perfectly on top of the TV tray in the Bed Room. We decided not to mount it to the wall or even the pedesstal down to the tray. We just wrap it in a Blanket and put it in the Closet when we are traveling.

I was going to install a wall mount, but figured I would take it down while traveling anyways.

Tom

Last edited: