Landmark in Western NC

ct0218

Spotted a Landmark westbound on US 23/74 (Great Smoky Mountain Expressway), at 11:00 AM, about 2 miles west of Waynesville, NC. Couldn't tell what model it was, looked very new.

Cooper

I am headed to Waynesville NC 10/20. I will be there for a 10 days and then back to Dallas.
2006 Golden Gate F250 Crewcab 4X4

jbeletti

Cooper,

You'll have to look up Clark (ct0218) and Gail when you're in Waynesville. Great people.

Have you been there before? We were there earlier this year and just loved downtown Waynesville.

Travel safe,

Jim

Cooper

Yes, we have been to Waynesville a few times our son owns a downtown store call the Chocolate Bear his name is Todd and we are looking at opening a shop there too in the near future. Far now I still have to make a living in Dallas.

jbeletti

Cooper,

Next time we are in town, we'll stop at your son's shop for sure. Stopped into a lot of shops the day we were downtown. Best of luck on your plans too.

Jim

ct0218

Cooper, I took some friends downtown yesterday for lunch, and we ate just a few doors down from your son. We stopped by his store, really nice. Give me a call when you're in the area, 828-456-4560, thanks, Clark

ct0218

It's hard to find a prettier place than this part of the mountains in mid-October. Leaves are starting to turn, apples are at their flavor peak, and looks like our first frost is due here Sat AM (at mid and upper elevations). I just went out and fed 16 wild turkeys in my driveway--they're like pets. Where are you staying? Some friends of mine run Pride Resort, nice place to stay.

osims

bsims
we have reservations moonshine creek rv park. We don't know much about this place. Have you heard about it? Most places we checked were booked.

ct0218

Its nice, before we built our log home we stayed there quite often. I live on the other side of the same mountain, Waynesville side, next to the Blue Ridge Parkway. That would be about 3 miles by road, half that by crow.

sharmulst

On our way home from Kanawha, Iowa today (9/27) we spotted a BigHorn at mm 88 on I-35 north of Kansas City, MO. We were bringing back a Kiefer Built horse trailer for our son who owns Heartland Trailer Sales here in Wichita, KS. He sells horse trailers & enclosed cargo trailers.
Steve and Sharon Vondracek :)

Cooper

I really like visiting my son there. We stay at CreekWood RV Park.
It is booked Oct. thru Nov. just lucky to get a site. My son will put me to work as soon as we get there what a vacation.The Chocolate Bear is @ 132 main in Waynesville toward the back of the store.

Cooper

Just 2 more days and I am headed to Waynesville NC. The Gloden Gate is loaded and ready to travel.None

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Cooper,
Be careful and have a safe trip to the beautiful state of NC. The leaves are beautiful.