No hot water

DavMin

Does anyone know where the hot water tank access is on the Edge M22?

I connected to the city water line, opened all of the faucets and let them run for a while, turn on the hot water switch in the bathroom. The pilot lights on the hot water but then goes out after a minute. Left the switch on for an hour but no hot water.

I'm thinking either the hot water tank did not fill or something is burned out?

Any ideas before I have to bring it in?

Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi DavMin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not familiar with the M22, but you might turn off your propane tanks and try turning them on again very slowing. The new tanks have a safety valve in them to prevent leaks from ruptured lines. Then light the stove burners to make sure you get all the air out of the line. The water heater is very sensitive and also maybe the gas is not turned on for the water heater. Remove the outside panel and check.

I'm sure some others will chime in with thoughts also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check under the kitchen cabinet. That is where it is in the Trail Runner. Also are you sure the water heater has water in it? If the unit was winterized the bypass valve may be in the bypass or winterize position.

It is under the bottom bunk. There is a winterize bypass pre-installed on the M22. If it is indeed set to bypass you probably also need to install the plug. Open the external access panel by the rear driverside corner. There will be a plastic plug sitting in there beside the hole.

If the bypass is set to flow through the tank check your gas supply. Do you have gas to other appliances?

DavMin

Sparkinson had the answer, Thanks You!

The unit is under the bunk bed and was in bypass. And of course the outside plug was not in. Seems they dealer should have checked all of this prior to delivery but no harm done.

Thanks again!