Kitchen Slide Welds

jonesj2

View attachment Electric%20Slideo&.pdfWell, yesterday we had a very drastic situation to say the least. One of the bars that pushes out the kitchen slide had a wield brake as the wife was pulling in the slide. It took 4 of us to get it back in so things would not be damaged. Once it was back in the camper it was secure.

Once the camper was home, I opened the slide and observed what had to be done to fix the problem. I had to take the top plate off of the push arm and the adjusting plate which it pushes up against and pull the slide back in with. After removing the parts I say where someone at the factory had removed this mounting bracket and re-wielded the push rod in its current location. Actually it had been moved down and re-wielded. Once everything was removed and old wields ground off, I re-wielded it and installed everything back to its proper location. Now the slide works better than ever.

A point to the wise, check the wields on your slides push arms and plates for improper wields or cracks in the wields. It sure is easier to fix it at home than having to get people to help you get the slide back in when the thing is broke.

I was wondering if the rust that I found on the camper after I purchased it and posted on this forum had anything to do with the wield cracking or just bad wielding from the get go.

See page 10 of the Lippert manual that is posted above to see the push arm and plate.