Need Hole in Kitchen Counter

jimtoo

Hi everyone... Jack is having a hard time making a post. I copied this from a blog and posted it for him.

JackPBass says,

Howdy
I have a new Big Horn with the synthetic counter tops and would like to install a faucet for a reverse osmosis system and would like to find someone that has or knows how to drill the hole for the faucet.

Jack Bass

Northern Virginia
I have a Lowes near me and have had real good luck with their Lennox hole saws. We use a ton of them at work. They will cut through the hard surface material no problem. Of course, you will need a decent 18 volt or higher battery drill (a 14v may limp by) or an electric drill motor. When you start cutting, go slow and hold on TIGHT! A hole saw in corian is unforgiving if it gets away from you. The initial 1/4 inch or so of cut is the scariest. After that you can relax a little.

Good luck, John

JackPBass

Howdy all
Thanks for your replys I thought I knew the answer but sometimes I get to confident and mess things up!

Thanks again!

Jack Bass

Willym

Use some masking tape over the area, and mark the hole centre with a centre punch, or nail point. These steps will help keep the drill from skating and the hole edges from chipping. If it is the fibreglass type synthetic tops, then watch out for sharp ragged edges underneath after the drill has broken through.

PS Jack - hope that you and Irma arrived home safely!

Last edited:

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Be sure to look underneath for any obstructions where you want the hole to be. Didn't look before I did that in my Corian counter in the house. Thankfully just missed a reinforcing support. Also I have found that a fine toothed hole saw works better.