fuel additives

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
What if any fuel additives do you guys run in your diesels? I use a little diesel power and 1/4 bottle of 2 stroke TC3 low ash oil that I buy at Walmart. Helps lubricate the injectors from what I was told.

Rick

bighorn3370

I have always used Stanadyne. I use it because they are the only fuel injection manufacturer that designed the formula. Since they make they nozzles and injection pumps, they know what's best to be use.
Also back before Ford, Chevy, and Cummins had ther names on the additives, they all only recommended the Stanadyne.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Diesel Kleen from WalMart. White bottle for winter, gray for warmer weather. There's nobody around here (within 50 miles) that sells Stanadyne.

Rrloren

The newer diesels with DPF canister and EGR valves I thought no additives were recommended. At least that's what the Dodge with the Cummins states.
I ran Stanadyne in my old Cummins but use nothing in this one.

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
grAy is how it's spelled in America
grEy is how it's spelled in England

A friend of mine that is a self proclaimed genius on diesels told me that your wasting money on additives. He said to put 1/4 quart of ATF in the tank every 5000 miles and that will take care of everything. He said all of the additives on the market contains ATF but in the additives you pay 10 time more for it.
I hope he is right, because I have been using ATF for about 1 year now.

SilverRhino

they are just a waste. money down the tank hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know a lot of people that would agree with you....in most cases so do I. With that said...I had the opportunity to see the injectors that came out of two oil field trucks.....basically same mileage, make etc. ...... the ones out of the truck that they had been using Stanadyne in were as good as new....the others, not so. After seeing that, I was, and still am happy with my choice.

Just my observation.

Whatever you use .... or don't use: Travel Safe!

Rmcgrath53

I use the grey Diesel clean. I do know that I was having injector p[roblems and put Sea foam and Diesel clean in the tank. My injectors now pur like a lion!!.

RollingHome

Gray V/S Grey... now I know why I like science and didn't do so well in English... I just spell it FO NEC TIK CAL LEE. Why let em think I'm dumb when I can prove it :)