A/C Electrical Question Three Air Conditioners

tsmith

Have a 2010 395 RW. Want to use electrical breaker for washer/dryer and re-route wire to rear garage for an air conditioner with heater, maybe a 13,500 btu or less similar to the unit in the front bedroom. This will total 3 Air conditioner units, two with heating elements and of course using a 50 amp shore line.

Any concerns?

RollingHome

Total up the 3 units current draw in amps. Multiply by .8 (80%) or 40 amps. IF the total current draw of the 3 AC units AND the current draw of the rest of you RV is 40 amps or less, you should be good to go. BUT, I question why you need 3 HVAV units ? That's a lot of BTU's... If however, you think you will be time sharing the units, you MAY be good to go. I just cannot vision a 40' insulated box needing 3 HVAC units running in unison. I would encourage you to check the efficiency of the currently installed 2 units to verify correct installation and operation.

Mike Aplin

I would suggest that you speak with our customer service dept. I really don't think that you would be able to run three A/C units in any coach given the 50 amp power source without popping a breaker. Thanks, Mike

RollingHome

I would strongly suggest, you listen to Mike Aplin's advice, something is NOT sounding right to me in this situation. Tom

tsmith

The unit already has two air-conditioners. If they are both running and I use the washer/dryer combo at the same time, will that trip a breaker as well? If anyone has visited Las Vegas in the summer or live in Reno as I do, the garage (when set up for sleeping) is not cool even though it has one A/C ceiling vent.

2010augusta

The unit already has two air-conditioners. If they are both running and I use the washer/dryer combo at the same time, will that trip a breaker as well? If anyone has visited Las Vegas in the summer or live in Reno as I do, the garage (when set up for sleeping) is not cool even though it has one A/C ceiling vent.

We summered in south Texas last year and had both A/Cs running most of the time and still ran the stacked washer dryer and sometimes the convection oven too. Remember that 50 Amp power is 2 legs each with 50 amps, so you really have 100 Amps to work with.