cheapest/lamest mod ever?

Brad

DW and I were annoyed by the amount of light coming in through the bedroom ceiling vent while trying to sleep in our North Trail 21FBS. A piece of black poster board and some velcro took care of that.

vent_1..jpg

jimtoo

I don't know about that Brad, I put aluminum foil over our shower skylight,,did not use the expensive velcro,,scotch tape instead,,, of course I did have to remove in reinstall 8 screws. Ohhh,, the extra labor involved...but I used cheap electric screw driver. :D

Jim M

Boca_Shuffles

If you are considering getting vent covers, get a tan or a smoke colored one. In my previous SOB, I had the white covers and I swear they made matters worse because they caught the rising sun in the morning. I used a aluminum insulating foil with velcro.

With my tan air vent covers on my 3055, i don't need to cover the vent.

Picked up our new 21 FBS this past weekend, and I like a dark sleeping area, so your idea sounds 'nice & easy' as well as 'cheap'!

Happy Trails!

Last edited:

Sumo

We did the same thing with a cardboard box and 4 Velcro strips. Works great cost almost nothing. :cool:

PeternLiane

My DW has to be able to see out and can't feel closed in. So I just wear the eye covers aka sleep mask. They're only 4 bucks and I don't have to work for anything. It works great for me. The brightness in the morning doesn't bother me at all now.

Sleep mask.jpg