Kitchen facia--lifting?--tap it in??

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a bh3670--2010. The facia in the kitchen appears?? to be separating from the base. This is occuring near the top on the right hand side. I am wondering if it would be ok to gently tap it with a padded hammer to put back in place? Why did this happen? Will it lead to something else? Any advice is appreciated. The "white" in the picture is actually appears to be foam insulation.
al

Attachments

• 100_0050..JPG
    100_0050..JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0049..JPG
    100_0049..JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 55

ChopperBill

That happened in our old 3055 when it hit a cupboard door that came open. Caught it just in time but it pulled the fascia loose. I just used the heel off my hand and whacked it back in place.

2010augusta

Al, how about some BIGGER pictures like 800x600 px. I am young but small pics make it hard to see any detail.

I would have no hesitation about tapping them back in, if you look real hard you can find the nails holding the trim in place, just use a punch and reset the trim nails.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Part of the problem with the fascia is that it is NOT wood. Resetting the nails will not help much. Go get some molding glue. It is a fast setting glue that will hold the fascia better than the brads do.

aatauses

Thanks everyone----I do not think we hit anything while putting out the slides, the gap just seemed to appear one day. Will take your advice put a little pressure on it to put back in place. Alan--I did have larger pictures,but when the forum went to download them it told me they were too big??? so we made them smaller until the forum would download???
al

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Try using a "host" site for your photos like Photobucket or something similar. That usually will help you post thumbnails and bigger images.

Happy Camping!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks everyone----I do not think we hit anything while putting out the slides, the gap just seemed to appear one day. Will take your advice put a little pressure on it to put back in place. Alan--I did have larger pictures,but when the forum went to download them it told me they were too big??? so we made them smaller until the forum would download???
al

Hey,
If you bring some photos to the rally with you, I'll see if I can help you figure out how to keep the dimensions up, but the memory down by playing with resolution. I don't know if I can get it to work for you the way it does for me since I use some advanced software, but it might be worth a try.
Kristy