Replacement Leather Chair

slaytop

My wife and I purchased a replacement leather chair for the swivel rocker in our Shenandoah. We wanted a chair that fits on the slide floor and reclines without hitting the wall. Also, we wanted a chair that was narrower than the original Flexsteel to give additional room for the dining chairs.

Smith Brothers of Berne, Inc. in Berne, IN produces a wall hugger recliner #707 that seems to be just right for the RV. As you can see in the photo it does fit on the slide and is a compact design that is very comfortable. We ordered leather style #5401 that we think looks good in our coach. The chair is pricey but it is all leather with quality workmanship.

If you can find a dealer, they may have a discount price sometime during the year. It took us about a month to get the chair after it was ordered.

I have attached two photos of the chair.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 62

jbeletti

Very nice looking Larry. About the same size as the La-Z-Boy recliners we put in. Everytime we use the trailer, we are reminded of how pleased we are with our decision to replace the large Flex-Steel units with the narrow, lighter wall huggers.

Jim

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Slaytop,
Do you have a phone number or web address for the company that made your recliners, or the store where you bought them. We would like to put our recliners in the slide beside the dinette but there is not room for them.

trdeal

Jim,
could you post a picture of your Lazy Boy recliners? Or maybe even a model number. We live in a part of the country where furniture is king or maybe I should say prince, now that alot of the furniture factories are closing. I am sure that we can find something similar around here if we had a style number. Thanks

I am glad that I found this sight. I was telling my wife that I felt like I had found a new bunch of friends and a wealth of info. about our Landmark.;)

slaytop

trdeal
The Shenandoah uses one recliner in the dinette slide-out because it is shorter than the other models. The chair is 31" wide. If I locate the front legs just behind the slideout floor edge (not the carpet edge), it can be fully reclined with about one inch to spare.

jbeletti

trdeal,

Here's a link to a thread that has pics of our new chairs. Scroll down to post 43.

I'll post the ordering info later - gotta find the paperwork first.

Jim

trdeal

Thanks Jim,
We like your chairs. I really like our flexsteel, but they are heavy,and big, and we would like to put them in the dinette slide, but there is just not room. We will probably be making the change before to much longer.

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
I made a slight change to our GC last week, I took out 2 of the dinette chairs. it made a big change in the appearance, we NEVER have anyone dining there anyway. I also put the recliners on the side and the couch at the end, that makes things look roomier as well. The wifey likes it that way, and THAT'S all that counts.

trdeal

For a while now we have been talking about taking the leather rocker/recliners out of our MR.,moving the sofa into their place, and buying two smaller wall hugger recliners and putting them in the place of the sofa.Well we did it today and we are very pleased with the results. We like having the recliners in the door side slideout. No longer will we have to move the recliners to pull in the slide or move them backwards to pull out the sleeper sofa.We bought two Lazy Boys, from a dealer here locally, and I feel that we got them at a very reasonable price.