RW 395 Garage tie downs

bbagwell

Anyone know what the deck tie downs are rated for. I know the tie downs themselves will be high but what about how they are attached to the decking. I have seen other toy haulers where the tie downs have pulled out going down the road.

Mike Aplin

The tie downs in the Road Warrior and Cyclone are both secured the same way. We first use 1" plywood decking and the tie downs are secured directly into L or C channel steel. We use (I think it is called) a 2 1/4" "F" bolt that is self tapping and self guiding directly into the steel through the decking. In other words, if you wanted to add addtional D Rings in a straight line with the other D rings, you would be going into the steel. If you wanted to add wheel chocks or slider tracks left or right of the D rings, you would still be mounting into the 1" plywood. Remember also that the garage rating is 2,500 lbs on all floor plans. Thanks, Mike

BruteForce

The tie downs in the Road Warrior and Cyclone are both secured the same way. We first use 1" plywood decking and the tie downs are secured directly into L or C channel steel. We use (I think it is called) a 2 1/4" "F" bolt that is self tapping and self guiding directly into the steel through the decking. In other words, if you wanted to add addtional D Rings in a straight line with the other D rings, you would be going into the steel. If you wanted to add wheel chocks or slider tracks left or right of the D rings, you would still be mounting into the 1" plywood. Remember also that the garage rating is 2,500 lbs on all floor plans. Thanks, Mike

They've held my 700 pound ATV's without issue. In addition to straps, I also use wheel chocks to ensure my machines don't move.

tjjung

I have a 2010 RW405 with the D-rings. My Harley fell over after the d-ring pulled out of its swivel mount. The d-ring itself bent. I have since installed e-track on the floor along the left, right and center of the floor. Much better mount with numerous mounting locations. That handled both Harley's on a trip from Texas to Colorado and back.

Riverman

Our 3950 does not have "swivel mounts".
I did add lock washers & nuts to the underside of the self tapping bolts while I was adding additional d-rings.
Most factory bolts are easily accesable once you drop underbelly.
Have not had a ATV move on us yet - rides quite smooth back there

Vtxkid

Before I actually brought my bike into the garage for the first time, I checked the tiedowns to ensure the fasteners were tight. Unfortunitly, I found out that not all the fasteners were tightening up! It appeared that a few of them were stripped and not holding against the wood. I was able to go underneath the garage and attach nuts and washers to a couple of the tiedowns toward the rear door that needed attention. Now, with that said, I have only stored the bike on the left side of the garage and know that if I was going to use the right side that I also have a couple of other tiedowns that I will have to do something with. Last thing I want to is have is have my bike tip over and damage it or damage my garage walls. My recommendation to all Cyclone and Road Warrior owners is not to assume that these tiedowns are 100% secured and check them yourself!