manual retraction of hydraulic landing gear

beardedone

Beardedone
I went out and purchased the tools I would need to do this if I ever have to, but I like to test things also. I purchased what I think is the right socket. Can anyone tell me if the seal on the back of the pump where you access the nut is reuseable. I wanted to pull it off to make sure I have the right socket for it.

RollingHome

Gerry, as I understood it, you remove the motor bell housing or sheet metal shroud motor end bell and stick your socket and battery powered drill on it and fire away... there is no seal ? Your drill is replacing the installed motor and doing the work independently of what's installed. I commend you for proving it works... please at least, let me know what the outcome is... I have to "assume" you're a boy scout and am always prepared... I mean this in not jess, but in KUDO's.... let us learn from ur endeavors. Thks. Tom

Wharton

We are interested in doing this also but haven't figured out what we need to buy yet. Our rig is in storage so it is a pest to go there and check things out. What did you buy and where did you but it?

Thanks

noobee

I cut a 1/4" hex key so I had a straight piece. Purchased an extension bit that the hex key fits into. Did a very limited test & it appear to work. Store the hex key & the extender on the tray where the motor sits.

CS

Wharton

DW stopped at ACE to get the Allen wrench and came home with a "bit" that is 6" long and has a 1/4" hex drive at the end. I need to check it out but her substitution looks good.

SmokeyBare

Cover the end of the pump with a piece of Duct Tape, a Sticker, anything that will keep any critter from crawling in or dirt from finding its way inside.