Honey Pot

montanakid2

We have quite a few Boondocking trips scheduled this year and I'm looking for a good priced Honey Pot
( sewage tote) We all know they are expensive . Any recomendations?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
montanakid2, depending on your needs, they come in different sizes and configurations. I use THIS one in the 25 gallon size. I like it because its towable.
It travels in the bed of the truck under the pin box.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Jeff & Kim,
There are many types, to choose from, but from my personal experiance, unless there has been a major over haul in the product I would not recommend the ( Thetford Smart Tote) while the idea sounds and looks good, it is very unsanitary while filling and dumping and the front wheels if you were to get the 4-wheel model, collapses under load. I found one in the dumpster while dry camping. With broken wheels and bad fill hose!
Good luck with your selection.
Happy Camping.

Mike

montanakid2

Thank you for the information Mike , Its information like this that helps. I have narrowed it down to a 25 gallon two wheel.
Now to go for the brand .
Thanks again

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
montanakid2, depending on your needs, they come in different sizes and configurations. I use THIS one in the 25 gallon size. I like it because its towable.
It travels in the bed of the truck under the pin box.

Peace
Dave

I used this 25 gallon model when we had the TT at state parks. It tows well and is easy to dump and rinse. The little fill gage they sell for these is a good thing to have if you're dumping from a 45 gallon black tank into a 25 gallon tote. There are cheaper ones that fill AND dump from a port on the top (by standing it on end). Stay away from those. Impossible to get all of the nasty out.

ChopperBill

I also bought the 42 gallon Barker (actually a dealer gave it too me for helping him sell a fifth wheel) I put flotations on the rear and duals on the front. Hooked to my RZR I have the fast Turd Hearse in the country!
247958276.jpg

247958251.jpg

302421673.jpg

Willym

I recommend a Barker, mine is now 14 years old, and is still in good shape. It has wheels, but my wife doesn't let me tow as she it looks silly seeing a 1 ton truck pulling a little blue thing. Fortunately, my back is still in good enough shape that I can lift it onto the truck bed.

Northern Virginia
I recommend a Barker, mine is now 14 years old, and is still in good shape. It has wheels, but my wife doesn't let me tow as she it looks silly seeing a 1 ton truck pulling a little blue thing. Fortunately, my back is still in good enough shape that I can lift it onto the truck bed.

I need whatever kind of vitamins you take. I can barely pull mine from the UDC to the trucks bumper!

John

Willym

I need whatever kind of vitamins you take. I can barely pull mine from the UDC to the trucks bumper!

John

I just take regular vitamin tablets, but I also exercise daily - running or weights. If I don't I put on weight rapidly and I enjoy food too much to diet. However, I'm sure there will come a day when I have to tow that wee blue thing!

porthole

Retired
I also bought the 42 gallon Barker (actually a dealer gave it too me for helping him sell a fifth wheel) I put flotations on the rear and duals on the front.

You know the dimensions on the 42 gallon unit?

Don't anticipate needing it for black waste, but one trip we take every year having an extra 40 gallons of storage sure would help.
Kiddie camp opened up to a Golden rescue camp. No dumps within miles.