Kicking tires on new camper

caver

I currently own a Chalet LTW A-frame but am getting bored with a-frames and want something with a bathroom. I looked at a 183 and 185 that the local dealer just got in. I liked having a second bed but did not like the wall that protrudes out for the TV etc. The couch thingy in the 185 is too small for an adult. I'm getting a feeling that dealers will not stock the 180 or 181. Someone in another off site forum suggested an Edge unit which also caught my eye.

jimtoo

Hi caver,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have not seen a MPG myself, but have looked at the Edge. Some really nice units. I'm sure someone will jump in here and give their opinion soon.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

sjmeyer

I think the wall thing is pretty clever. I installed a 23" LED LCD HDTV in the cubbie on an adjustable arm. On the back side I installed 2 little personal TV/DVD player units for the kids to watch whatever they want while tucked into their own little cubby holes. I purchased both the main and satellite monitors from Sam's Club. I've also mounted and wired in a second deep cycle 12V battery to supply some more power when away from the plug and not connected to a generator.
--Steve

Ray Robinson

Landmark and Bighorn Sales
Hi Steve

My name is Ray Robinson and I am the factory rep for MPG. Actually, there are several dealers that will be stocking the 180 and 181 (esp the 181), but those were the last 2 models to be introduced, so we haven't shipped alot of them yet. I can direct you toward the dealers in your area who will have these 2 models if I can find out where you live.
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any more questions!
Ray Robinson
Heartland RV
574.370.4154 cell