Renewed Trailer Plates $$$$ OWWW - How much was yours?

skyguy

This has been brought up before...

Just got the renewal bill for our trailer plates here in Colorado. Last year (new) they were steep, I expected a good discount this year, but no way!

$900!!! OWWWW.

I know there are some cheap states out there, and probably not too many that are more??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just renewed the registration here in Wisconsin for our Bighorn...........$16.
$33 to renew the row boat. Go figure.

Peace
Dave

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
here in Michigan it is $300 for a permanent plate if the unit is over 10,000lbs. Never have to renew unless you buy another trailer

ChopperBill

This has been brought up before...

Just got the renewal bill for our trailer plates here in Colorado. Last year (new) they were steep, I expected a good discount this year, but no way!

$900!!! OWWWW.

I know there are some cheap states out there, and probably not too many that are more??
Thats just one of many reasons why I want to move out of this stinking state!

SmokeyBare

Just did both the Chevy truck and Bighorn in South Dakota. This state requires every year renewal.

Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab was $67.00 and the 3400-RL BigHorn was $117.00.

2010augusta

El Paso County CO wanted around $1,200 for the Landmark, We changed the plates to WA for under $120.

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
How can they justify charging so much money for a trailer renewal? The fact that you have to renew every year period for a trailer is crazy.

Rick

SmokeyBare

It seems all States are Broke !!!

Not enough Tax $$$ coming in, or not enough... so they find places where they can make more. It's not quite as good as a printing press but close !

beasleyrl

I renewed my Cyclone tag in Virginia and it was about $60 for the year but that is only part of the story... Once you register, depending upon the county you live in, you pay personal property tax on the vehicle. If I store the rig in Stafford County (which I live in), personal property tax is about $1,400 per year. If I store it in Price William County (county to the north of me), there are no personal property taxes on RV's or boats. Guess where the rig was stored until last month when we started using it again??? Virginia use to have a permanent tag until 2008. Then they did away with it because they "were losing too much revenue"!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Horn registered in Montana. $303.00 in Calif.....was $186.00 in Montana and only because it was the 1st time there and done with a credit card over the phone. OH YEA, its a one time pay and never pay again. Maybe if they kicked all the people off welfare (not saying who) they would have money again.

Good Afternoon Al;

That's just outright price gouging from the State of Colorado. I justed looked up ours and they are quite high also at $540.81 for Wyoming. I guess we can really complain next week in Gunnison and all decide on where you should move to.

Take care,
Ron & Brenda

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Tennessee is $24 annually plus a wheel tax if the county which the rig is registered in has it. The county I live in doesn't so I only pay the $24. Tennesse will let you get a one time plate instead of the annual plate. If I remember correctly-its only $95 and they call it a semi tag. We do not have personal property tax.
Byrd

Tankie

I paid $36.75 in WA. It used to be based on value but we had to slap them back and voted in a flat rate.:D
But this is what we get when we want big brother to take care of everything for us and u know that they know best :rolleyes:.

DXprowler

Mentioned before $35 one time payment in Ontario and fully transferable to any future trailer without registering it. My plate has been on 3 trailers previous to our new BH3410. But the way they've been tax grabbing lately we may get dinged soon! CO sounds really, really nuts! How can they justify that??

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just got my renewal notice in the mail yesterday. It is $142.40 for 1 year (TEXAS). Luckily our county does not have a personal property tax. Some counties in Texas do. And I will have to get a state safety inspection ($14.00) which is good for 1 year.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I forget where it is, but I heard a news bit on the radio about some municipalities looking to add an administrative charge to the local property tax bills to generate more money to waste.