Nylon spacers in interior doors

Bobby A

I'm finding those nylon/plastic clear like spacer things that are in the hinghes either laying on the floor or broke and near ready to fall out and land on the floor. Do I need to be conserned about this ?? Will there be long term affects if I don't replace them ?? what would I replace them with ?? Thanks

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, ok. Bobby, some of mine are broken or falling off. I think the spacers act as a lubricant for the door hinges. We don't have any spacers in our house. So if the ones in the RV fall off, I am not concerned. If they squeek, I will just get some lube on em.

Peace
Dave

SmokeyBare

Some hinges on my Bighorn also lost the plastic spacers. No squeaks so far. If they show up I'll just give the noisy hinge a shot of silicon lube.

Down side of the missing spacer??? Nothing more than the door will be little closer to the floor... the thickness of a plastic spacer... closer ! :)

Marv

Bobby A

O.k thanks Dave ( cookie) and Marv( smokeybare) I knew I couldn't be the only one with this issue, but as my luck has it, it could and WILL happen to me. Thanks for answering my thread, I was feeling aleinated there for a minute . (lol)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Duh! I realized that might be the case after hitting the Post button. But what the heck, ignorance is bliss and I'm a happy camper.