Furnace Problem??

wdk450

I was outside yesterday "freeing the sewer trout", when the furnace clicked on. I heard the propane burner go on for a while, shut off, then relighting again (with a "POP") after a minute or so repeatedly, while the fan ran continously. Is this normal operation, or do I need to get it looked at? It does keep us warm like this.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, you will here the ignitor more if you are outside. The fan runs even after the fire goes out. Its like when you turn the heater off...the fan has to run to cool things off. Your home furnace does the same thing. Bob

navyAZ1

What you didn't say is how much time passed between the igniting of the burner? You can hear a loud pop at times when the burner ignites, and yes the blower does continue to run when the burner goes out to force out any excess gas fumes and to cool the burn chamber. If the burner is constantly cycling igniting for a short while going out and then re-igniting then I would have it checked out. Your burner should ignite and burn until the desired temp is reached in the coach then it goes out and then the blower continues to blow for about 2 minutes, then everything shuts down until the thermostat sends a demand for heat once again. Good Luck, I fought my furnace problem last year for months it is now taken care of after I found a good RV Tech.

See Ya,

Ron

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Your burner should ignite and burn until the desired temp is reached in the coach then it goes out and then the blower continues to blow for about 2 minutes, then everything shuts down until the thermostat sends a demand for heat once again.

See Ya,

Ron
Ron, I always thought there was a temp sensor in the heat exchanger and when the heater box gets too hot, it shuts down the burner for a bit and re-ignites to continue the heating cycle in the coach. Our's does this and most every other "newer" RV we've been parked next to does the same thing.