May have to cancel first trip.....extreme sad face

GETnBYE

: Happy face,UPDATED.May have to cancel first trip.....extreme sad face

Update: We did get to go to Topsail and it was a wonderful trip. Thanks to everyone for all your well wishes for hubby. Had to make him put sunscreen on the burn scares,but other than that we had a good trip. Got to meet a forum member while there also. Saw a sundance come in on the last day we were there and there were 2 Big Horns there also.
:):):):):):):):):):)
edit: Not our first trip ever, just first of the summer.
Please keep your fingers crossed for us. If you read my first aid kit post you already know that the hubby got burned at work. We have resv. for Topsail in FL in 2 weeks. He can not get hot or sweat, nor can he even drive yet, much less set up the 5'er.
He is doing good, well enough for a bit of cabin fever to set in. YIKES, "don't tell him I'm complaining"
We are very lucky that it was not worse and believe me I am counting my blessings! :angel::angel:
:cool:Never the less, we still very much need this trip to work out.
Nita

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Nita
Sorry to hear Wayne got burned. Hope he heals well. We are heading toward Florida next Friday. Going to go down to the Keys. Never been there. May take a side trip to Topsail. Heard it is a nice state park.

Keep us up to date on Wayne's injurys..

BC

RollingHome

Nita, our thought's and prayers are with you and Wayne... You're not complaining just venting concern. Nita you're a smart person, can you do it with Wayne guiding you ? ya might surprise yourself so give it some thought and talk it over with Wayne :) T&P

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Anita...this could be an opportunity for you to learn how to drive and set up the rig! There's A/C in both the truck and the trailer...he can guide you thru the steps. Trust me, it's not hard, and both should know how to handle these things just for the type of situation you're now in.

Glad to hear his injuries are not too severe...you guys really need this trip...take the next two weeks and practice the set-up and take-down, you won't regret learning!

GETnBYE

Anita...this could be an opportunity for you to learn how to drive and set up the rig! There's A/C in both the truck and the trailer...he can guide you thru the steps. Trust me, it's not hard, and both should know how to handle these things just for the type of situation you're now in.

Glad to hear his injuries are not too severe...you guys really need this trip...take the next two weeks and practice the set-up and take-down, you won't regret learning!

I have driven the 350 before, only because I "HAD" to. I used only 2 of the 5 gears.........1st & 5th. Never found 2,3 & 4. I swore at the time that they didn't exist! If Wayne will let my son-in-law drive, we may be on for the trip afterall.
But, thanks for bringing back the memory of me driving the truck, it gave me a little chuckle.
Nita