RV Parks Near New York City?

DW_Gray

Does anyone know of a RV Park outside of the the big city that has public transit to the city near the park? So far I've come up empty handed.

Wharton

I think there is a park called Liberty that should be close to public transportation. Remember, there is bus, subway and lots of ferries for transportation. I would call the CG and ask them directly.

Two Hands

In October, 2008, we stayed at the Liberty Marina and RV Park in Jersey City, New Jersey. It was just a large gravel parking lot with water and electrical hookups, but its location was nearly perfect. It was just a short walk to a ferry which left early each weekday morning and crossed the Hudson to Manhattan. We chose to walk about a mile or mile and a half to where we boarded a train which took us under the Hudson to the World Trade Center in Manhattan. From there it was a very short walk to the New York Subway Station that took us anywhere we wanted to go. I am pretty sure I have the name of the park right and I do remember looking at their web site.

Liberty RV & Marina in Jersey City, NJ. Not fancy but close to rail transit (2 blocks) or water taxi at dock & a fenced in lot with security.

SmokeyBare

Dave,

I have not stayed at this park yet. Croton on Hudson

I learned about it from Lefty (Forum Member). It looks very good and it and gets really good reviews from RV Park Reviews.

Link to Rv Park Reviews: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/New_York/Croton_on_Hudson.html

Croton on the Hudson: http://www.westchestergov.com/parks/ParksLocations02/CrotonPointPark.htm

One review states " A very nice park close to the Metro North train station "

Maybe it's what your looking for?

If it works for you, Lefty gets the credit !

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you want to drive we stayed at an RV Park next to Six Flags in New Jersey (Jackson NJ). It was tight getting in there but nice. Stayed there before the season opened several years ago in 12 degrees with snow on the ground.