28 RLS Slide Retract

Ptoms

I just realized that if I let my battery die in the middle of nowhere.....It might be handy to know the location of the manual slide retract on my 2010 28 RLS. Can somone give me a hint to its location please ?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Cant answer your question about the manual crank. if your battery dies just hook the trailer electrical cord to your TV and charge your battery.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think this came up some time ago on the manual retract for TT slides. Look on the back of the electric motor for the slide. There may be a tag that shows using a 1/4" hex bit inserted into the hole behind the tag and using an electric drill. On our non-HL TT that we had, there was a manual crank hole under the steps, on the opposite from the slide. Had to use the stabilizer jack handle to do it.

irvin56

The slide manual setup is above the slide. take the fascial off and the motor is up there. In my unit it is. There should be a small 12" flex tool Silver.
With and hex on one end and racket socket end on other. Can use drill or ratchet to put slide in or out.

I am really ticked the Heartland does not include this info with these units. Lots or dealers don't have a clue in how they operate.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/5054-North-Trail-manual-slide-attachment

Post # 1, 16, 18 is info you need.

Just cruise around the North Trail section and tons of info in there