28 RLS Black Tank Flush System

Ptoms

I was just looking at the dealer spec sheet for my 28 RLS travel trailer, and it claims this unit has a black tank flush system. However when i look at the outside flush valve I dont see a water hose attchment.Can somone please tell me (1) what is the black tank flush system? (2) How do I use it?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Not sure how things are laid out on the travel trailers but on our 5th wheel, the black tank flush "inlet" for a hose to hook up is in the UDC close to all the other water inlets. After you dump your black tank, leave the valve open, hook a hose to the inlet, and turn the water on. This will "wash" the inside of the tank to help get any additional residue out. So far...I prefer the Flush King, just seems to work better for me.

Happy Camping!

cableman

The flush system works from the docking station. There is a hose attachment that is marked for flush system. When you empty your tanks, you then hook a hose to the flush connection, leave the valve open and turn on the water.

cableman

the flush system is in the docking station. There is a hose attachment in there that is marked flush. empty the tanks, open the valve and turn on the water. you can here the water in the tank.

RollingHome

Ptoms, I do not kinow if your TT has a docking station, if you do, it's in there. On my previous unit (A TT) I had a black tank flushing system, it was a white rubber garden hose inlet 4' up on the side of the TT near the dump valve for the black tank. They put a decal nearby warning not use it without having the black tank dump valve open (the bowl would runneth over). Basically, you hook up a garden hose to the inlet and turn it on while dumping. It's a no, no to use your white drinking water hose to do this for safe health reasons. I carry a 10' black hose just for this purpose. I also put a angle fitting on the hose end that hooked to the TT to take the strain off the connection. I never use this black hose for potable (drinking) water.

PUG

Pug
On my 3950 the flush inlet is in the water control closet outside in the drivers side basement door. I hooked up my blue "shower hose" to the flush inlet and leave it hooked up where I seldom ever used the blue shower hose. It has its own hot and cold valves so I am not worried about back flushing into the domestic system. When I dump, I turn the cold water valve on and let it clean it out. I usually dump all out and then shut the drain valve and put a few gallons in the black tank and flush two or three times and then just let it run in the tank with the valve open while I am doing something else for a half hour or so.

irvin56

North trail line.

Mine on the 31QBS is on door side, right outside the washroom wall. Marked and has a white water hose hook up on it. would be on the outside washroom wall on those models. It all depends where the washroom is located in TT.

Hook up hose and it flushes the toilet tank. it will be a line that runs up the wall aways inside, than a back flow valve then runs down into tank. Mine does not work that great so I made a flush rod and go into toilet. Then I can move it and spray all areas of tank. this setup works much better. Used it in old TT and just used to doing it now.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2857795410105182412KRZhlB

Pics 15,16,17

currituck0209

The flushing connection on a 28RLS is located on the right side about waist high. near the wheels, just above the low water drains.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The low point drains are to allow draining the fresh water system. It should be the lowest point in the fresh water system. Usually used for draining the fresh water system prior to winterizing.

bar20

The flushing connection on a 28RLS is located on the right side about waist high. near the wheels, just above the low water drains.

I just picked up my new 2010 28RLS. While doing the walk through, I spotted a water outlet on the right side. All other outlets are on the left/drivers side. There was no label on this outlet, I asked the person from the dealer doing the walk through and he said it was the black water flush. So unless someone from the factory has a different opinion my guess is that is what it is!:rolleyes: