Finally got my Craddle point 1000 up and running, what version should I bee using?

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I finally got my used cradlepoint MBR1000 up and running. it has version 1.4.2, do I need to update and to what version? I have heard of some problems with the newest version, but not sure they will affect me.
Using a version USB 760.

cjbearden

Visitor
On 3/4/2010, I updated to version 1.6.9 and have had no problems. If you purchased from 3G Store, they will be happy to assist you. CJ

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Steve
You should upgrade your firm ware to the newest version. As those above I have updated mine to the following and have these modems.

Cradlepoint MBR1000
Firmware Version : 1.6.9, 2010/03/04
USB 720 Modem on Sprint
USB 760 Modem on Verizon

You do not have to go to the Cradlepoint website to get the new update. Login to the Cradlepoint click on the Tools tab and you will see a button to check for a new version and also one to update. I am attaching a graphic of my tool tab showing the update.

Cradlepoint Firm&#11.JPG

Hope this helps.

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I looked around and found the upgrade file. If you want it I can send it to you but it is 1.472 MB. I also found a text file that gave the update instructions.

I always download my upgrade files if I can incase there is a problem with the internet connection then install from my computer. I also have the newest file incase something fails and I need to reinstall any of the software.

Updating the firmware on the cradlepoint 1000 router.
Using the following instructions firmware updates can be applied to a CradlePoint router to allow for the latest features and devices to be supported.
1. Download the appropriate file for the router from the support page of your specific router. Router support pages are listed at the bottom of this page.
2. Go to your device's login page (default is http://192.168.0.1/).
3. Select the 'Tools' tab on the top, then the 'Firmware' menu on the left.
4. In the 'Firmware Upgrade' section, click 'Browse'
5. Browse for the downloaded file then click 'Open'
6. Click the upload button
7. Do not turn off or unplug the device while it is upgrading
8. The upgrading process should take a few minutes
NOTE: If you are upgrading your firmware to use a WiMAX/4G Modem, you MUST update the firmware for both the router and the modem in order for you to experience the full WiMAX/4G speed.

BC

PS.. Here is the URL for downloading the latest updates and past updates.
http://www.cradlepoint.com/support/mbr1000