Fixed Sticking Refrigerator Door :-)

Boca_Shuffles

I finally fixed the refrigerator door that was near impossible to open. This has been a problem from day one and the dealer was not able to fix it on two attempts.

The doors would not unlatch easily. We broke one door handle trying to squeeze hard enough to open the door.

The problem was that the frame was too close to the door latch. The screw midway between the upper and lower doors was not attached to the wood trim on the side. It was grabbing air.

If your door is hard to open, check to see if you have play in the metal trim where the door latch is. If you can squeeze the metal trim and the wood trim together with your hands, this may be the problem.

The trim on our 3055RL is at a 45 degree angle with the side of the refrigerator. The original installation screw (and subsequent dealer repair attempt) did not connect with the wood. Thus the little plastic knob that the door latch was connected to was too far over to release easily.

Check to see if you can turn this screw easily by hand. If you can, either remove the screw and reset into the wood at an angle or drill a new hole about a quarter inch in front of the original hole.

The refrigerator door frame can now be adjusted so that the door can be unlatched easily.

At least my wife and I good good excercise opening the door for the last eleven months.:rolleyes: