Suspension Noise

My new EDGE M21 trailer creaks loudly, even on fairly level roads, especially when turning. I think the noise is coming from the suspension/leaf springs/frame. I've sprayed all the contact points on the leaf springs with WD40 a couple times, but that didn't seem to help.

Suggestions on how to eliminate the noise?

Dave012

My previous travel trailer made noise all of the time too. Didn't really happen on a level road, but when we took turns, especially slow ones, or where the level changed, it made a lot of noise. Part of this was the equalizer hitch, and not just the suspension. Sounded terrible, but was just normal. I don't think there is much you can do to get rid of it.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
WD-40 is not heavy enough, get the white grease spray.
Remove the weight off the springs before applying the grease.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's your hitch ball grinding in the tongue, along with the WDH arms in their sockets and their chains. Our TT had Alko axles, no springs, and it creaked and groaned with every manuever. Assuming you have an anti-sway stabilizer on your hitch, it will grind when you make turns. All of that gets transmitted into your tow vehicle. Greasing the ball helped a little.

Thanks for the input. I've been using SILOO brand all purpose white lithium grease on the ball and WDH friction points. The 'automotive uses' listed on the tube include chassis and springs, but I'm wondering if there's something that would be better. Anybody? Any highly-experienced grease monkeys - and that's a term of respect for your knowledge, not a putdown - out there that would care to share their expertise?