New showerhead/water saver????

zztop

Many have posted about putting different showerheads on rather than the OEM one. I have been relutant in that I thought the OEM showerhead had little pressure and used less water so that you did not drain your fresh water tank when boondocking. Am I wrong in thinking that???

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Many people have THIS. I have one and it works great. I also have a shut off valve. You will notice a difference.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, I had one of these and considered it to be not worth the cost. But I actually had the white one and now I read this little gem of info. Yes, the fitting to connect it to the water source (in my house, too heavy for the RV) and hang it broke. Maybe I got unlucky and had "brand X." And the hose is stiffer than it should be. Don't know if I'll pop another $50 into this experiment, though.

NOTICE: We have decided to discontinue the white shower kit unit. We have had in excess of 10% returns on it. We want you to be aware that it is entirely made of plastic and the connecting ends are breaking. The hose is smaller in diameter than the others and is very stiff and not easy to manage. The entire hose in the chrome and brushed nickel kits is entirely stainless stell and is very flexible. We highly recommend you upgrade to either one of these, as the white product is not up to the calibre of merchandise we carry on this website.

wdk450

If "THIS" is the Oxygenics showerhead (it looks like it), we have one, and have now seen them in the plumbing department at WalMart.
The handpiece fits into the existing installed holder on a bar in our Bighorn shower.
If you ever have to fill a container from the shower, you will see how amazingly water conservative these handpieces are.

Bobby A

I just opened up my new camping world flier I got in the mail and they are selling the chrome Oxygenics shower spa (they call it) for an Anniversary special of $39.99 reg $55.55 and the white one is on sale for $29.99 prices expire May 31st 2010. How much does Wally's world sell it for ??

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
A while back I though the stoped making the white plastic ones because of all teh problems they were having with them.

I installed the Brushed Nickel Oxigenics unit about a month ago, and can tell you that it does save water and higher pressure. I used to dump the gray tank in less that a week, now it's about 1 1/2 weeks before i have to dump.

jbeletti

Skip the white one Bobby. John is right - it's all plastic and a loser. I spoke to Marilyn at CoilnWrap today to confirm. She stopped selling the white ones long ago. Good to go on chrome or nickel. The CW price is a great deal. Jump on that.

Jim

porthole

Retired
Skip the white one Bobby. John is right - it's all plastic and a loser. I spoke to Marilyn at CoilnWrap today to confirm. She stopped selling the white ones long ago. Good to go on chrome or nickel. The CW price is a great deal. Jump on that.

Jim

Got mine on ebay (brushed nickel) just in time for Hatteras. I like it.
Someone mentioned that the chrome and nickle units were heavy and caused the holder to slide down the rod.
There is a screw adjustment on the opposite end of the u shaped holder. Snugged mine up and it stays put.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Love our Oxygenics shower head. When we traded the NT for the ER, this shower head went with us!

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We liked the one for our BH so well that I bought another one for the bunk house at my farm. You can really adjust the flow/spray to fit your liking.