Keyless entry

jimtoo

Hi rlelkins22,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

I did move you post to a new area where more will see it. It might be a good idea if you would tell us what unit you have.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I found THIS in the HOM section of "Tools" at the top of the page.
Might help you out.

Peace
Dave

Hi !
Our new 2011 Big Horn 3185RL 's keyless entry not working period. Called " Southco" and spoke to Mike Fahy, he is an expert with this system.His phone number is 1-303-561-4900 and is very glad to answer your questions. Hope this is helpfull to you :)
Brenda

Sailor

Brenda,

Norma and I just took delivery of our 2011 Grand Canyon this last weekend. If you are able to unlock it by putting in the 4 button code and then pressing the 1-2 button to unlock it. Put in your 4 button code and then press the 3-4 button to lock the door. Hope this will help.

Mark

musicman

Yes, the 1-2 button unlocks the door and the 3-4 button locks the door. You use the same code before pushing the desired function. Good luck!

lmerchen

As a new member I really appreciate the contact info for Mike Faye at Southco (303-561-4900). He was very knowledgeable and said they would overnight new parts and instructions when the dealership failed to produce any answers.

Thanks!! Lee

lmerchen

The first time I called Mike Fahy about my keyless entry not working he sent me a new keypad and instructions to reprogram it. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. When I called Mike again he said they had not experienced that problem but he would send me a new receiver and a matched keypad. I installed it and it worked perfectly. It is refreshing to get such prompt and expert service from a company that I didn't even spend money with!!

Lee

Hi There!
Mike sent us a new keypad and instructions on installation. Very simple, it has worked ever since many thanks to Mike for his quick response! We sent the old unit back as requested so they can examine it for flaws. The new units have a better seal on them and produce less problems. :)
Regards
Brenda & wendell

P

powerj

When I picked up my new BH32 Ti in May the keypad would not work and the dealer was stumped. When I arrived home the keypad was barely holding on to the siding with its sticker. I removed the old glue, cleaned up the whole casing, especially the back, and retried the keypad while near the door. It worked. I put it back on but way closer to the door/receiver than the original spot. Works great now. Wish Southco would tune up the factory techs as to location of keypad and proper application. I used heavy duty doublesided auto trim tape to reaffix. Good luck to others.

trav-l-in

I am glad that you have a good working keyless entry.. I have all the paperwork but my entry doesn't seem to even have any power to it..no lights or anything. i have read something about a the door receiver. Is that something that I should be able to see on the door? The only thing that I can see if the keypad.... I am stumped

Willym

I am glad that you have a good working keyless entry.. I have all the paperwork but my entry doesn't seem to even have any power to it..no lights or anything. i have read something about a the door receiver. Is that something that I should be able to see on the door? The only thing that I can see if the keypad.... I am stumped
If you see no keypad illumination when you operate it, then your keypad battery could be bad. The lights are hard to see in daylight however, it's better at dusk. The battery is located under the keypad. You have to prise off the keypad carefully, and you will then find the battery under the circuit board. It could also be poor battery contact within the keypad.If you have no power to the lock, try cleaning the contact buttons at the hinge side of the door near the bottom. The door lock is fed from trailer 12VDC. There is also an inline fuse for this, but the door window frame has to be removed to access it.

trav-l-in

Thanks Bill. We'll be leaving for a 10 day outing in a 2 weeks so I should have time (while relaxing) to investigate further.