Florida RV Parks

MLJ

We are considering spending the month of January in Florida to avoid the Missouri ice and snow. We would appreciate suggestions on where to go. We prefer the Gulf side. Please send me info and websites if available. You can send by forum or e-mail to mlj2002maj2002@yahoo.com.

jimtoo

Hi MLJ,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a lot of great people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

My self, never having been to Florida, I can't help you. But some of our other family members will chime in here soon and give you their opinion.

I am also moving the thread to the Camping area.. it will have an automatic redirect, so you will not need to change anything.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check out www.upriver.com It is in North Ft Myers Fl. Very nice park. BTW Ft Myers, FL was the winter home of Thomas Edison (light bulb inventor) and Henry Ford. There is a great museum and tour of the houses Fords and Edison's. We stayed there several years ago and it is a great place to stay. Just south of Tampa and just north of Naples.

jimtoo

Check out www.upriver.com It is in North Ft Myers Fl. Very nice park. BTW Ft Myers, FL was the winter home of Thomas Edison (light bulb inventor) and Henry Ford. There is a great museum and tour of the houses Fords and Edison's. We stayed there several years ago and it is a great place to stay. Just south of Tampa and just north of Naples.

But how did THEY travel???? At the speed of light and in a Ford???? :D :D

Just asking!!!:D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ha ha ha ha ... I found it interesting that Henry Ford and Thomas Edison were great friends. Two of our countries great industrialists and inventors. Maybe they shared ideas. For anyone interested it is a great tour of Edison's lab. It is still set up much the way he had it and still has much of the same equipment and tools. There is also the world's 2nd largest Banyon tree on the grounds there. The tree is huge, and you can buy cutting off of it that are growing if you want your own Banyon tree. Ft. Myers is also the spring training home of two professional baseball teams. Also a short drive north of Ft Myers is Sarasota were the Ringling Brothers Circus winter home is. There is a neat circus museum there too.

AttyVette

Destin Florida (Henderson State Park) is our favorite Florida park! We went there in May and will go back again next month for our son's wedding. Of course we are towing our trailer and bringing our dogs with us too! We have already booked our next Destin, Florida vacation for next June too!! Love the emerald green water and white sandy beaches of northwestern Florida panhandle!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You might take a look at Top Sail. Everyone I have spoken to about it says it is great and it is on the gulf pan handle. Never made it there but I am planning to get there some day. I hear you have to make reservations well in advance.

BC

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We go to Camping On The Gulf in SanDestin every year in Sept. This a large cg with 2 pools, one that is covered & heated in the winter. There are only 14 beachfront sites so we reserve a year ahead each year. This year will be our 10th. I believe the site is campingonthegulf.com.

nscaler2

We are considering spending the month of January in Florida to avoid the Missouri ice and snow. We would appreciate suggestions on where to go. We prefer the Gulf side. Please send me info and websites if available. You can send by forum or e-mail to mlj2002maj2002@yahoo.com.

Hate to tell you this but you will have to be in Florida for more than the month of January to avoid the nasty winters in Missouri. LOL Until retiring to Florida, we lived in the great state of Missery for over 40 years. The winters can be long and hard, with lots of ice. Sure glad we moved to Florida. We spend the summers in our BH in the San Juan mountains where it is currently 70 degrees.

Sailor

Anyone have ideas for a park in Fl. around Tampa/St. Pete for a couple of months next winter? NOT wanting a part with loads of park models! To me, that would be like living in a mobile home park! Everything I am seeing right now has park models. :eek: Maybe Fl. isn't the place to spend a couple of months our first full-time winter!

Birchwood

Its difficult for someone to recommend an RV park for someone else!!!Other people don't know your likes and dislikes,so a word of CAUTION !! DON'T LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Do your homework and choose your OWN PARK.

DMitch

Most of the places that we have spent time in during the winter in Florida allow park models. We have stayed here for the past 5 years and enjoy it. Very close to the beach (1 mile), many golf courses and many other things to do in the surrounding area. The link to there website is http://www.meetrobinhood.com/index.htm. Hope you find something that is to your liking. To be out of the cold for the winter is great. Best of luck in your search.