Sharp TV Sound Through Surround Sound Not Happening

musicman

We just bought a 2011 BH 3185 RL. I have surround sound on everthing (DVD, Tuner, CD) but the television. All sound comes out of the television speakers only. What am I doing wrong? Our television is a fixed television so I am not sure how to get to the back of the televison to check or change connections. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pizzaguy

Re: Sharp TV Sound Through Surruond Sound Not Happening

You will have to get some RCA type cables and plug them in to the TV audio "out" on your TV, and then to audio "in" on the receiver using the red and white ends. Then select AUX 2 on the receiver. I just did this this last weekend on ours.This is assuming you have the Samsung receiver.I was unable to get the two speakers in the rear of the living room on this way though. The front left,right, and center, and bedroom 2 speakers were what came on on ours when using tv. Also go to audio menu on your tv and be sure surround sound is set to on.

tscott03

Another way for better quality sound is to get a digital audio cable (single cable). It goes from the digital audio out on the back of the TV to the in on the Samsung unit. Works great. Another thing I did was change from RCA hookups on the DVD to an HDMI cable for better quality as well. Enjoy.

2011 Bighorn 3610RE
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

RoadJunkie

Another way for better quality sound is to get a digital audio cable (single cable). It goes from the digital audio out on the back of the TV to the in on the Samsung unit. Works great. Another thing I did was change from RCA hookups on the DVD to an HDMI cable for better quality as well. Enjoy.

I have also connected my TV to the DVD/Amplifier unit with a fiber cable. My only complaint is that I have to toggle between the TV and DVD on the remote to change volume and/or channels on the TV. I guess I'll have to buy a cheap programmable remote to fix this small issue.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Sort of related to the topic...our sound works fine except...there is this milli-second delay thing happening between the TV speakers and the Jensen sound system meaning we have to use one or the other. Has anyone else run into this?

RoadJunkie

Nope, I turned the speaker option on the tv to external and use one or the other, never both, as there will be a propagation delay on the dvd amplifier as compared to the tv.

Seb

Does anyone know how to get access to the rear? we have a BC with 40in TV monted on the wall, but I cant seems to be able to remove the TV from the wall.
Thank you

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

I installed the digital audio cable but have not heard any sound from surround sound speakers. How do you set up the Samsung unit for that? I did not find any input RCA jacks on back of Samsung unit.

Charlie Harris

hoganc,

Having been there and done that, go to Best Buy and find the kid that works in the Television Dept, hire him to come by after work or before and hook all the systems up for you. It will be the best money you will spend and you wont get a bad headache! He or she can probably get it done in under 20 minutes! Mine did.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Heh Charlie, thanks for the tip, but..
I am a compulsive "Figure it out and fix it myself guy" and no matter the cost, I must do it myself. Of course I am willing to take advice. You are probably right tho, I may ask my 14 year old grandson.