PDA

View Full Version : How about that WiKi !!!!

TXBobcat
05-10-2010, 07:33 PM
As I was reading the forum one of the threads was about how the hot water works. What the switches did and such. Not meaning to bash anyone asking a question but many of the same questions asked have been addressed here many time.

The forum managers have been working to incorporate a WiKi, ie. an online encyclopedia or dictionary. Many of you have found the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) on the internet. Our WiKi is similar but for our use about things we discuss here.

There is an entry about the water heater switches in the our WiKi that would help to answer the same question in the thread. Rather than go back and try to find an old post/thread or post the same thing over and over we can point the person asking the question to our WiKi.

The main index is here. WiKi Glossery Index (//heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Category:Glossary_Terms)

If you go into the Glossery Index and look down the list for Water Heater (//heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Water_Heater) you would find this.

If you want to read about the black tank flusher (//heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Black_Tank_Flusher), which I never knew what the darn Atmospheric vacuum breaker/check valve was. I just knew it as that loud noise valve behind the toilet room. but here it is...

Ok, now some of you great modification guru's, this is a place you can show your talents and/or if you fixed a problem submit it to the WiKi editors using the WiKi Form (//heartlandowners.org/misc.php?do=form&fid=2). a WiKi editor will adjust it to the WiKi format for you.

Let me know what you think..

Oh.. I am not a WiKi editor. I just like the idea of the WiKi. Maybe a WiKi editor will jump in and give us some hints and things that will make their job easier..

I do have a question.. Do we have a WiKi Thread area. Maybe we can ask questions there also..

BC

JohnDar
05-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Does look like a place to look first. I see "sewer trout" has made it in there.

TXBobcat
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Yep.. I wonder if we can get it into the Webster Dictionary.. Sounds good to me...

jbeletti
05-10-2010, 11:07 PM
As you wish Bob: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wiki

TXBobcat
05-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Now that is Progress.... LOL

BC

RollingHome
05-11-2010, 09:22 PM
OK, so I'm going out on a limb here... I looked quickly at all 100 threads on wiki for "sewer trout"... I've even Googled it so I would NOT have to ask you guys because I did not want to get skewered... so here goes, please don't humiliate me... what's a sewer trout ? I have to assume the worst because every hint led me to black tanks and slinkys and ... stuff not very nice... So my curiosity hopefully does not kill the cat ! What's a sewer trout ? Be gentle please... ta

jmgratz
05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Not trying to be too graphic but the Sewer Trout is the solid material in the black tank, to wit: feces.

RollingHome
05-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Jim, I should have known that... NO further replies needed... Thanks !

TXBobcat
05-11-2010, 11:05 PM
OK WiKi Editors you have a new entry... Hee Hee Hee....
Sewer trout:
Brown objects exiting Black Tank via Sewer Hose of various sizes. Recommend that you do not try to catch these trout.
Phrase first coined by JohnDar. Word is he tried to catch one down stream.

BC

RollingHome
05-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Dat John Dar... He's such an angler :-)

JohnDar
05-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Nay, Nay, Nay! I did NOT try to catch one downstream. They're too hard to fillet, anyways. As for curiosity killing the cat, it would only be fatal if kitty is looking up the pipe when the trout come out.

To be honest, I actually picked up the phrase years ago from a Jarhead buddy of mine.

TXBobcat
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Well we are not going to let you push this off on a poor ole Jarhead. For this forum you are the daddy... LOL.

Yeah... Who's your daddy !!!!!

BC

JohnDar
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Well we are not going to let you push this off on a poor ole Jarhead. For this forum you are the daddy... LOL.

Yeah... Who's your daddy !!!!!

BC

OK, I'll be the Daddy.