Another Heartland Dealer in Utah?

BruteForce

Is there another dealer or qualified service center for my RW395 in the Salt Lake metro. area?

I'm really tired of dealing with shoddy work from my current dealer.

Took it in for a SAT TV/Cable TV modification a few weeks ago. Paid $200 to essentially add a splitter so that one DVR Receiver (in the kitchen) could have an output to drive the remaining other SAT TV connections in the RV.

Since I didn't get to the dealer until just before closing, there was nobody to show me the work. I was worried they wouldn't use RG6 SAT TV grade cabling or splitters, since over the phone the tech. indicated they'd test with just a TV.

Got home, hooked up the SAT Receiver and moved a TV to every output. In the master bedroom, I had no picture at all. In the loft and garage area, the picture quality was super-grainy and barely viewable.

Took apart the panel behind the main TV (in kitchen) tonight and discovered this shoddy work:

sat..JPG

As seen in the photo, I doubt a crimping tool was used and the shielding was not cleaned up. Additionally, I took it to the dealer because I assumed they'd know how the unit was wired and was hopeful they'd label the connections (nope, they didn't).

Traced the cables to their individual locations, put new connectors on one, re-crimped (yes, I own a crimping tool) and voila.. great picture quality.

So, three days in the shop, $200 in service fees ($26 for that cheap radio shack splitter) and about $70 in Diesel and I still have to redo all the work..

So, per the intro message to this specific forum, here's my review:

Sierra RV in Sunset Utah
- My third trip for service since new purchase in January (only one outing thus far)
- On PDI, we noticed decals coming off and asked they be replaced. They replaced with the wrong color. Took over a month to get it resolved
- On PDI, we noticed the right landing gear was bent. Took over a month to get it repaired but now it makes loud metallic noises when lowering the 5'er
- On the above repairs, the 5'er was returned absolutely filthy. I have no idea how they could apply a decal when the unit was so dirty (it was not brought in filthy)
- Most recent SAT TV modification should require 100% refund. No response yet from dealer
- Yes, this is the dealer that required we pay $900 for their fast walk-through PDI (we didn't even know what a PDI was).
- Rating: 1 (out of 5, with 1 being the worst)

Riverman

Looks like the kid from the washbay had a slow day and wired your cable.
I think you should send them that picture, along with your return address so they can return your money.

BruteForce

Updated: It took several phone calls to actually speak with the Service Manager. I was credited $52 in partial labor for the work performed. So, I got about 1/4 returned for the work performed. Maybe it's just me, but that just doesn't seem fair.

Paid almost $200 for the work, plus about $70 in Diesel (round trip to drop off/pick up 5'er), $30 in RG6 coax cabling + tool = $300, and got a meager $52.00 credited to me for my efforts.

bhoth

Quality RV in Draper is also a Heartland Road Warrior Dealer. I do not have any personal experience dealing with them but they claim they are the best rated service in the state.

BruteForce

Quality RV in Draper is also a Heartland Road Warrior Dealer. I do not have any personal experience dealing with them but they claim they are the best rated service in the state.

Interesting. I called Heartland and they indicated that Ray Citte and Motor Sportsland were the only other authorized service centers. Ray Citte seems to have a good track record, but its still 40 miles from home.

I'm at the point now where everything Sierra claimed to have repaired needs repair. My rear toilet is still leaking, the decals are coming off and my right front leg is still bent to the point where it moves about 1-2 inches to the right when lowering the 5'er onto my truck!

RoadJunkie

I would send those pictures to the Better Business Bureau and the Utah State Attorney General's office with copies to the general manager of your "service" center. Don't let this one slide, it is not even debatable as to whether or not this is poor work. It will take a couple of stamps but I'll bet you get your money back for the work (non) performed.

bhoth

Actually, I was incorrect, it was General RV that is a Road Warrior dealer not Quality RV. Here is their info. I got them confused because they are right next to each other.

14403 South Minuteman Drive.
Draper, UT 84020
801-307-1070
Toll Free - 877-307-1017