Questions About Potential Big Horn Options?

GaryB

Hi Scott/Coley,

Just a few questions from a potential Big Horn buyer:

1. Based on the limited info thus far, the new Big Country seems to have several nice features that I don't see currently available on the Big Horn (which I understand is the "big brother" of the Big Country). Those features are:
- marbleized-look shower with built-in shelves (is there a seat in that also?)
- ceiling fan
- extended hitch pin

Will those features be available as options on the 2008 Big Horn?

2. Will options to upgrade tires, axles and/or Mohr-Ryde suspension (to IS) be offered on the 2008 Big Horn (or Big Country)? I read comments from various people on various forums who would like the option to upgrade these 'safety-critical' features. To me personally, this would be a big selling point (NuWa currently has options to upgrade axles & tires). As a father of young children, I'm willing to consider paying extra for options to upgrade safety-related components.

3. Are there any plans to offer the following additional upgrades/options on the Big Horn?

-- Heat Pump
-- Redesigned washer/dryer area such that a stackable washer/dryer can be installed and accessed via its own door (instead of sideways from closet).
-- Satellite prep
-- Pillowtop innerspring mattress

Congratulations on offering a beautiful product with nice features at a good price! As you ramp-up production to increase your position as a top 5th-wheel company, please keep quality control at the forefront of your business strategy. That quality reputation will give you a competitive advantage that few, if any, in your price class can match.

Best regards
Gary Black

Last edited:

osims

bsims
Gary our 06 bighorn 3055 has ceiling fan and satellite prep. As far as the mattress we ordered a memory foam topper from overstock.com and feel it is better than any innerspring mattress we have slept on.

BluegrassMan

Gary:
I'm not Scott or Coley, just a member. I think you have the Big Horns mixed with another company's product Big Country or Big Sky. The Landmark is the flagship model, then the Big Horn. Just a FYI.

GaryB

Options

Osims - thanks for the input. I didn't see ceiling fans or satellite prep listed as available options on the on-line BigHorn brochure. That's why I was asking.

Scott - is the list of available factory options on the BigHorn brochure complete, or are there additional factory options other than those that are shown?

Bluegrassman - I was referring to the new Big Country line that Heartland came out with (please see their website).

Gary

BluegrassMan

Gary:

Since I had posted that, I read on and then went to the Heartland website. I stand corrected, I wasn't aware of yet another model to keep up with, it's getting like Fleetwood. Ha Ha.

svd

Gary,
I think the ceiling fan and satellite prep are standard, along with many other things.

tcbrady

Gary,

I wanted to get back with you on a few of the Big Country questions.

1. The Big Country does have a marbleized-look shower but there is not a seat. The Bighorn uses a 1-piece fiberglass shower which is a more expensive shower. Ceiling fan and extending hitch pin are standard on Big Country and Bighorn.

2. Bighorn comes standard with Mor/ryde suspensio. Currently we do not have this option available for Big Country - Big Country will feature leaf spring suspension and shocks. Please keep in mind that Mor/ryde can always be added aftermarket with your dealer.

3. We do not have a heat pump option for the Bighorn and no plans at the current time to offer this. We do plan to have room for a stackable washer/dryer in select floorplans - the 3600RL and the 3400RL. These will be the only 2 floorplans with the stackable washer/dryer. Please keep in mind that this redesign will not be available until Dec. 1.

Thank you again for your interest in our product - if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call.

I have attached the preliminary Big Country literature.

thanks!

Attachments

• Page 1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • Page 2.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • Page 3.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • Page 4.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 39